Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Not a bad effort by Hopes, better than a run a ball 90.
Poor WA though, just when they think they are at the tail they get stuck with these handy lower order batsmen. It actually looks like Queensland bat all the way to 11 given Johnson can handle a bat.

I wouldnt go that far. Bit much to say that Johnson gives them batting depth. He is no Lewis, but he is still a typical tailender.

Strong day's play by Victoria, 5/329, Hodge 153 and White 100 not out, with the in-form McDonald still to face a ball. Griffith and Hilf a couple of wickets each. Interesting to see how rain will change things.

White had batted patiently to make his century. I think he'll throw around his shoulders tommorow morning

Seems to be a fair few batsmen putting their hands up for an Ashes spot. Good to see we have form backups if required.

cricketmad09 said:
White had batted patiently to make his century. I think he'll throw around his shoulders tommorow morning
He'll pretty much have to with the rain.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDV10450.shtml
http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR023.loop.shtml

It will be interesting to see what he comes up with too, because you can always be sure he considers the possibilities. Depending on how much game time is left, he might declare soon after play starts, or bat aggressively to 8 wickets down for a bigger total. Will Tassie still look for a win or is a draw their best bet?

I think both sides will be looking for the first innings points only, because that's the reality of the situation. If I were in White's shoes, I'd be batting on and batting on, until at least 450 if we get there, and then try and bowl Tassie out twice. We saw they are capable of collapsing quickly in the one dayer, so the same could happen again.

I would say thats the best way to go, your bowling lineup is more than capable of bowling Tassie out twice especially when it has the Great Warne in there. White should be more than capable of lifting his strike rate, just a case of him getting out there to do that.

Are you kidding?...Victoria has the weakest bowling attack out of all the teams, even with Warne and dont forget the world's best batsman is first drop for Tassie today.

Well this one is a bit short but with Harwood in there it looks might stronger. Denton and Warne are the striker bowlers, Lewis if he ever finds his domestic form again is also good.

3:10PM This is a huge downpour! The MCG is entirely white! The ground is coated with hail as the ground staff are caught in the storm! They run off for safety as soon as the square is covered.

Hail! Oh my! The crazy thing is that it takes no time for the ground to recover, the drainage is just amazing.

Bugger. Lewis is injured. Admittedly he's been crap, but it's more load on the others and we're in no position for it to be a long term thing, already being without pacemen Harwood, Wise, Siddle, Nannes and Cassell. Need a bit extra from Denton, MacDonald and Moss, hopefully it turns out a good pitch for Warne and White.

genghis_khan said:
Are you kidding?...Victoria has the weakest bowling attack out of all the teams, even with Warne and dont forget the world's best batsman is first drop for Tassie today.
Worse than Dorey, Magoffin, Edmonson?

White bowled Ponting and got Birt caught by Warne looks like hes been going well. McDonald has been a let down thus far going for quite a few runs which isn't what Victoria need with them being one bowler short.

Users who are viewing this thread