Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Only just. When Nicholson went I thought it may be a Redbacks victory. Hopefully Clark did himself a lot of good in the eyes of the National selectors this game.

It was in the bag we still had the great MacGill :)
Amazing batting by Clark never knew he could hit the ball so cleanly. This game would definitely have pushed him back into the frame for the Ashes.

Clark is definitely back in contention now. That 3rd bowler and 6th batting spot really up for grabs. Always a good sign when there is so much competition for spots due to players good form.

I almost feel insulted that the 3rd paceman spot is up for grabs. Bracken is easily good enough, he should at least be given the opportunities to prove it.

I can't even see the logic behind picking Clark over Bracken, other than "well he bowls first change behind Bracken, therefore he can bowl first change for Australia"

Bracken should have been picked before Clark last year but Clark was picked instead, selectors just don't seem to rate him in test cricket.

You have to wonder what he did. I mean, sure he didn't get wickets in that series against India, but neither did anyone else.

he got wickets agaisnt the indies in the test series here...

He lost his swing for a while so thats why he got dropped but clearly hes got that back and now hes got these lethal off cutters. Has the height to be dangerous on any wicket as he can switch to hitting the pitch hard, don't see the problem really especially on the Gabba surface.

angryangy said:
I almost feel insulted that the 3rd paceman spot is up for grabs. Bracken is easily good enough, he should at least be given the opportunities to prove it.

I can't even see the logic behind picking Clark over Bracken, other than "well he bowls first change behind Bracken, therefore he can bowl first change for Australia"
IMO, there shouldnt be a 3rd paceman. Playing 2 spinners is the way to go.

Also play Watson. We gives us an extra bowling option, and gives us more with the ball than a Symonds type.

angryangy said:

I agree with you 100%, but lets face it the selectors aren't huge fans of Bracken for Tests.

It would be a good idea getting down to the domestic matches coming up. Strong sides due to available international players.

NSW vs. SA will be good. Lehmann, Tait, Cullen, Cosgrove, Elliot, Blewett, Ferguson, McGrath, MacGill, Clarke, Clark, Lee, Bracken, Jaques, Haddin, Thornley.

The best XI from those players would probably beat most international sides.

NSW bowling lineup is international quality. McGrath, Lee, Bracken, Clark and MacGill. I wonder with that sort of bowling lineup if Haddin will throw Thornley in 1st change?

Turns out the international players arent playing in the ING Cup match today, however the NSW blokes will be playing in a tour match against England.

However Watson, Symonds and Johnson are all back for Queensland and probably Martyn, Hussey and Gilly for WA.

Theres only 1 international player between Victoria and Tasmania.

Some good contributions by Cowan, Christian and Haddin has guided the champs to their first victory. Lehmann was awesome as usual though.

Users who are viewing this thread