Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Massive opening stand, disappointing middle order perfomance. McDonald charging on with another 50, this is looking like world class form. They'll surely want to move him up the order, but ahead of who? White and Hodge are having tremendous seasons.

The only person I could see you guys moving him ahead of his Dave Hussey, hasn't been in the greatest of form this season. Other than that not much else you guys can do with him.

Hussey might go better down at six or seven, I'd think. Look at how Queensland pack all their attacking players into the tail :p

Seriously though, we'd surely have a better chance of combating lower order fightbacks if we had one of our own damaging strokemakers down low to take advantage of the old ball and weary bowlers. I suppose Moss and Crossy is a decent quality pair to have at 7 and 8, but Hussey is a class above and can really put the power down.

If you want damaging stroke makers down the order, Pilon should be in. Scored another half century in premier cricket yesterday, and is a better keeper than Adam "Overrated like all hell" Crosthwaite

Hussey down the order could well work, he could probably do with a change in position and that means McDonald isn't wasted down the order. Crosthwaite got a dam good average with all those not outs ;)

Vics 4/95 chasing 313.

Mash and Jewell failed both making 6. Hussey failed making 12 and Hodge made 54.

I really think Mash should be dropped now. Just isn't performing well enough. Would much rather bring in Blizzard or Finch who has pretty had the Vics top score in each innings of the CA cup.

Maybe bring Klinger back? Scored 120* on the weekend with his premier club.

Geez a few more overs and NSW may well have lost, Hogg was on fire taking 6 wickets. Casson finally got some wickets with a 3 for but more importantly scored 37 runs and was not out.

Johnson looked good in the other game a number of maidens to go with his 2 wickets.

Squad for the ING Cup match announced

Bushrangers squad:
Cameron White (c), Aiden Blizzard, Adam Crosthwaite, Brad Hodge, David Hussey, Michael Klinger, Grant Lindsay, Darren Pattinson, Andrew McDonald, Clint McKay, Jon Moss, Rob Quiney

Pattinson to make his debut.

Overall in both innings on the weekend in premier cricket he took 7/27 off 25.3 overs. Can handle a bat aswell, opening for Dandy in the 20/20 last week. Made a nice 20 odd aswell.

Interesting, I haven't heard of many of the Bushrangers players.

On a side note, there is a guy called Adam Coyte whose my age (15) who captains the Australian Schoolboys Under 16s Cricket Team who some of the people in my representive team have played against and yeah I'd be playing him this season if he wasn't so particulary good. He already plays in the 3rd's in district cricket (Which is where they pick the state players from, not club) and from what I've heard is apparently a future star for Australian Cricket.

aussie1st said:
Whose that Rob Quiney? I don't think I've seen him this season.
He is an opening batsman for St. Kilda. Old man reakons he is useless, but apparently he has improved over the winter.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Interesting, I haven't heard of many of the Bushrangers players.

Aiden Blizzard is an batsmen. He is a good young player with alot of potential. Has scored well this season in premier cricket.

Grant Lindsay is a bowling all-rounder, however White for whatever reason hasnt bowled him in the past 3 matches, but its clear the selectors want him to be bowled. He is also a very aggressive hard hitting batsman.

Clinton McKay is a bowler. 2 seasons ago opening the bowling with Matthew Inness in premier cricket he was "virtually unplayable" but had a poor season last year, but during the winter trained with Coburg VFL team and lost 9kg, and has obviously improved because of it.

Darren Pattinson is the new guy. 27 year old bowler from Dandenong. Took a total of 7/27 off 25.3 overs in both innings last weekend in premier cricket. Can handle a bat, opening the batting the 20/20 match last weekend.

Hope that helps.

Interesting. So I take it the order will be

Michael Klinger
Brad Hodge
Cameron White (c)
David Hussey
Andrew McDonald
Aiden Blizzard
Jon Moss
Adam Crosthwaite
Grant Lindsay
Darren Pattinson
Clint McKay

Rob Quiney

That would be interesting seeing how White goes that far up the order. He has the ability to bat through the inns and is a decent hitter of the ball could go well.

angryangy said:
Interesting. So I take it the order will be

Michael Klinger
Brad Hodge
Cameron White (c)
David Hussey
Andrew McDonald
Aiden Blizzard
Jon Moss
Adam Crosthwaite
Grant Lindsay
Darren Pattinson
Clint McKay

Rob Quiney

I would have

Klinger
Moss
Hodge
White
Hussey
Blizzard
McDonald
Crosthwaite
Lindsay
Pattinson
McKay

Pretty mucht he same, but i'd have Moss opening. Has been doing it past few seasons, and worked well with Klinger last year doing it.

Victoria is going well over the Bulls at the moment. Cameron White has picked up the wickets of Maher and Symonds. Though some deliveries he bowled were fairly wide.

Users who are viewing this thread