Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Amazing spell by him very Hoggard like, didn't look like the pitch was offering too much but he just kept working and working away at them. What more thats his 3rd 5 wicket haul in just 14 matches.

yeh Hilfy is bowling very well indeed, whats more all his wickets came from nicks, bowled and trapped lbw. His pace has also improved since last year...he was swinging it at medium pace last year, and in that PM's XI game i watched on fox he was sending them down at 140+

Thats the only thing I was worried about last year when you mentioned him but now that hes got that extra speed he will be that much more dangerous.

Whatever works, I guess, but there's a reason Hoggards and Aldermans don't even try to bowl 140+.

Speaking of pace, what of various other bowlers? How is Johnson's search for more pace? Has Watson dropped off since last summer? Is there anyone of note going around?

Watson pace was still in the 140s during the Champions trophy, if he'll get back there after this latest injury we shall see. I always thought Bollinger and Bird were pace men but they seem to be about the 130s.

Dougie Bollinger is high 130s on average but often goes over 140...dont worry about Bird, hes a chucker lol

Queensland have a very good bowling attack. To good for Vic's last night at the Gabba.

Last edited:
genghis_khan said:
Dougie Bollinger is high 130s on average but often goes over 140...dont worry about Bird, hes a chucker lol
Birds 140's and he comes of a ten pace run up!

Aussie_Dan said:
Queensland have a very good bowling attack. To good for Vic's last night at the Gabba.

Thats why they are top of the table. They've got a good all round side and will be tough to beat.

well blues are starting in 40 minutes, whats everyones verdict? Vic seemed to struggle a bit on friday, i think.. LOL didn't see much of the game, the opening bowling wasn't all that great they kept it tight at the start but Hayden and Maher still got there 50 patnership pretty fast

NSW although should be a close one. Jaques is due for a big one as hes been in quite a slump. Hopefully Bird gets his full 10 overs as he always seem to get 6 overs then isn't used again.

They could probably try and bowl him out when he bowls as he seems to be quite economical and can get wickets. Is Bollinger playing today? Hes been quite disappointing in the OD form of the game.

Im not sure if hes playing, i haven't seen the team but i thought he was alright but one probably is Bollinger is a a lefty and so is bracken. Anyway stuart clark might be playing same with Lee and Mcgragth. If our Internationals dont play i would like to see Moises Henruquies get a go, He better in pura cup no doubt but it would be good.

Users who are viewing this thread