Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Thats way down the track with Katich and Haddin having a few more years in them yet. First of he needs to get more experience in First class cricket.

yea definetley but he will be unable to become a captain if we dont put him in the sqaud for the next couple of years, we need to get him in soon

yeh he is definately a player with big prospects, seemed to bowl pretty well in spurts in the games he did play but his batting has really let him down to this point, he is more than capable, held down 3 in the U19 WC.

Maybe he needs to bat higher as hes definitely not use to batting so low in the order. His bowling has been alright but he does seem to conceded a few runs sometimes.

I don't get how some people who don't even live in NSW can predict that Henriques is going to be an absolute star. He captained Australian U19s, so did Michael Klinger but you probably won't ever see him representing Australia.

wfdu_ben91 said:
I don't get how some people who don't even live in NSW can predict that Henriques is going to be an absolute star. He captained Australian U19s, so did Michael Klinger but you probably won't ever see him representing Australia.
The way some people seem to think on this forum, Henriques has no chance of representing Australia, as Australia apparently never pick players born outside the country. :D

Seriously though, Henriques looks to be a good player from what I've seen of him. I'm surprised a county side hasn't snapped him up, as he wouldn't count as an overseas player for the time being.

Good to see White showing why he should be in the Australian ODI. I'd seriously give him a go with Martyn out now. Maybe re-jig the order a bit, but when he hits form, he's unstoppable.

andrew_nixon said:
The way some people seem to think on this forum, Henriques has no chance of representing Australia, as Australia apparently never pick players born outside the country. :D

Who thinks that Australia never picks anyone not born outside the country? Haven't heard that one. Pretty funny, especially since Symonds gets picked.

andrew_nixon said:
Seriously though, Henriques looks to be a good player from what I've seen of him. I'm surprised a county side hasn't snapped him up, as he wouldn't count as an overseas player for the time being.

Especially when Mitchell Claydon can get picked for Yorkshire.

On Cameron White he still needs to show a little more consistency, if he keeps batting like he has been he will deseervedly get picked for Australia.

The consistency thing is fair enough, but I still think he'd develop if he was given a go in the side. I mean the Australian team in the Champions Trophy Batted to Seven, with Clarke hardly getting a bat. Surely White is worth a punt for the VB Series at the very least. With Martyn gone, Hussey is likely to take his place so there's a space for a number 6 or 7, which White could do, although he'd be better up the order. Plus it gives another spin option with Symonds to cover the 5th bowler. It just seems like a no brainer to me.

wfdu_ben91 said:

Reports from the media, stats from the Under 19 WC and a bit of a read of his profile in cricinfo does the trick for me. NSW spotted him at the age of 16 and to welcome him in there was Brett Lee bowling his 150km/h balls at a 16 year old so obviously they saw something special in him.
Klinger definitely hasn't been in the smh papers which is where I get my news from.

MUFC1987 said:
The consistency thing is fair enough, but I still think he'd develop if he was given a go in the side. I mean the Australian team in the Champions Trophy Batted to Seven, with Clarke hardly getting a bat. Surely White is worth a punt for the VB Series at the very least. With Martyn gone, Hussey is likely to take his place so there's a space for a number 6 or 7, which White could do, although he'd be better up the order. Plus it gives another spin option with Symonds to cover the 5th bowler. It just seems like a no brainer to me.

I agree with that, the VB series is where we should try things and I believe with the gap Martyn has left we can now move Clarke up to 4 and White in at 7 who gives another bowling option if needed.

no no no i'd have Voges in ahead of White...equally as dynamic with the bat and his chinamen's are far more threatening than White's leg breaks.

Or move Watson down to four and open with Jaques and Gilchrist.

No matter what i believe Hussey should stay at 7, he is settled there and if it aint broken dont fix it.

They won't need to bowl though so it's just down to their batting. I don't mind which one comes in but I feel Clarke should be at 4.

Hussey batted at 5 in one of our champions trophy matches plus hes verstile enough and number 6 or 7 not much difference apart from the fact he comes in one place earlier to do his magic.

Kumar Sarna batted pretty well for the Victorian under 19's in their three run loss to Tasmania under 19's yesterday. Carried his bat throughout the innings and made 116 of 138 deliveries. He plays for Dandenong and he could be one to watch out for in the future, at state level anyway.

Bat Hussey at 6 because 5 might be to high so he cant be Mr Fix it, but 7 could be to low. you have watson and Gilchrist the punter then Clarke then at 5..... who do we have at 5? at 6 Hussey can come in

Users who are viewing this thread