Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

moza1 said:
Yeah and hes from Gosnells. You would have no idea what im talking about but thats the district team that he plays first grade for. I've seen him bat for first grade because I play 15's district for Gosnells.

First gozzy boy to play for Western Australia. :)

Gosnells...I thought they we're called Southern River now. Good old SMCA players going on to first class cricket. About time they weren't just pulling them from the Northen Suburbs. We (Armadale) have onlt had like 2 players play FC Cricket. Where as Kinsley CC (North) have had like 30 somethin

Nah nah, its still Gosnells....................yeah its a shame that not a great deal of SMCA players are playing FC but hopefully more and more start getting picked for FC cricket.

KFC 20/20 Big Bash time

Who do you people predict will win?

I think it might be the Queensland Bulls inthe final with either Victoria or NSW.

its going to be quite interesting and funny with Johns playing for NSW :p

Brett_Lee said:
KFC 20/20 Big Bash time

I think it might be the Queensland Bulls inthe final with either Victoria or NSW.

its going to be quite interesting and funny with Johns playing for NSW :p
I Know! its like NSW officals have already thrown this comp away by puttin Johns in there. We are definately gonna need Haddin and Thornely :hpraise

Spectacle-wise I'm sure a lot of people will be more keen to see Johns get pelted than see a NSW win.

Guess which player ended this year with the highest test batting average:

Jason Gillespie

Bring back Dizzy!!!

Interesting strategy Tassie have gone with, strike weapons Griffith and Hilfenhaus get a rest, Brendan Drew left to open with Damien Wright. It's a compromised attack that conceded 200 to the Bulls, now it will be interesting to see if batting all the way down the order is worth that price.

Brett_Lee said:
KFC 20/20 Big Bash time

Victoria. We won it last year, and we have good 20/20 players, and good all-rounders.

White would be one of the best 20/20 players in the world, and holding the world record for highest score. Hodge is a very good 20/20 player, we've got good strikers like Hussey, Moss, McDonald, Blizzard. Harwood is a good 20/20 bowler, and we have a long batting line-up because we have all-rounders.

Only concern is we don't have a good slow spinner option. Only have White, who gets hit around the park, and part-timers. Spinners are very effective in 20/20 matches. Highlighted by Dightons 6/28 this arvo.

I would say a Victoria v Queensland final is the way to go. Either team could win as both teams have shown their potential with bat and ball.

Dightons has never got a wicket in domestic cricket until this 20/20 which is quite interesting. NSW don't look like they will come close this year.

As predicted NSW out of the KFC 20/20 bash comp now. Our batsmen have been far too inconsistent, we have enough big hitters just none of them have fired this series. It's good to see Christian was getting a bowl he could be another all rounder NSW produce.

It is a shame none of our matches have been on TV, will try and get to Telstra against the Tigers!

That Telstra game would be a ripper if it was packed. I want to see how Johns goes for the game in Newcastle.

Well SA could be tough but there bowling let them down against VIC but i dont think that will help Johns much :p

Wow 27 odd thousand in at a domestic game. Impressive work by the Queensland public.

Contemplating about attending the Telstra Stadium game to see how John's play. I'd expect about 20,000+ at the ground, possibly even 30,000+ if it is a fine day.

News that Tait wont be playing in the Twenty/20 against the blues no doubt brought a smile to Johns face! Anyone know if that match will be televised?

Users who are viewing this thread