Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

aussie1st said:
Lol if we had a real cricket player it would have been a tight finish :)
5 dot balls in a 20/20, I don't know whose on strike but it has to be Johns no way Katich would do that.

It was Katich! That's why he got dropped from ODI!

John's didn't even get his role to hit a 6!

Nope it was Simon Katich :p From CA it says "So a win for South Australia. New South Wales's novelty of playing rugby league player Andrew Johns has bitten them hard in the end. NSW captain declined to put him on strike and a deeply anti-climactic final over was the result."

IloveGilly said:
It was Katich! That's why he got dropped from ODI!

John's didn't even get his role to hit a 6!

Amen to that too!
Obviously wasn't too confidence in Johns ability :) Any hope we had of making the final is gone now.

They really need to make a charity game for John's and some domestic players instead of sticking him into First Class cricket, how will we ever see him bat :(.

It just too risky putting in a part timer cricketer when your team is still alive in the tournament. Plus doesn't help when your partner is the no nonsense Katich, I wonder what maybe a Ponting/Hussey would have done if they were in Katich shoes.

aussie1st said:
It just too risky putting in a part timer cricketer when your team is still alive in the tournament. Plus doesn't help when your partner is the no nonsense Katich, I wonder what maybe a Ponting/Hussey would have done if they were in Katich shoes.

First of all they would have at the very least hit some kind of run :) and probably would have won it not worrying about Johns. (That's if your talking about the game).

But if your talking team-wise they might have done the same thing, but then again we know that Ponting and Hussey can slog.

Yea true they probably would have done the same thing, Katich did the right thing just too bad he couldn't execute better.

I wish johns was playing the other night wen i was at the Gabba for the Bulls vs NSW!

Anyway Nye was just on a hattrick at the MCG but ended up getting 3 wkts in the over and the big one of Hodge. Vic are starting to collapse!

Even if it was a proper tail-ender, Katich probably still wouldn't have swapped the strike around.

Victoria were going pretty well before they collapsed. Nye cleaning up.

Well he had no problem with giving the strike to Lang.

Hodge is quite decent in 20/20s, Victoria would be missing White's big hitting right about now. There seems to be so many new players being blooded in this tournament, Nye being the latest to have a good bowling debut.

wow that is a great comeback by Vic after Nye's 3 wkts

Well it is a great wicket to bat on so it should be a great innings by QLD! Hopefully they dont play silly and get out stupidly like some players did against NSW

It's good to see McDonald continue his good form, not a bad total by Vic they should be able to defend it.

Other game, Tassie did dam well to get over 200. Di Venuto was unlucky to miss his 100 and we still await the first 100 for this series. Ronchi and Voges were both out early so that put a dent in WA chances.

Well, QLD collapsed. Just no one in the middle order to step up, Lewis picked up 4.

200+ was always going to be hard for WA to chase, especially if the other team has a player who makes a close 100 and someone who slogs 7 sixes! Wow.

aussie1st said:
Surely there should be more cricket, it's on Pay TV after all.
Christian again getting wickets good to see :)
I agree on Johns he didn't go so bad given 9 is about the norm.
The games are on at relatively the same time, so they cant televise them all.

cricketmad09 said:
The games are on at relatively the same time, so they cant televise them all.
They need to make a cricket channel like they have a AFL channel, then they could do one game on fox sports anothe ron the cricket channel and so on, then they could televise county matches.

Playing Johns is kinda slack on up and coming grade cricketers who are working really really hard to play for NSW

Users who are viewing this thread