Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

cricketmad09 said:
The games are on at relatively the same time, so they cant televise them all.

Yea but they could have put on a few more games at least. Jan 4 and 5 had games but no coverage.

Feelin Blue? said:
Playing Johns is kinda slack on up and coming grade cricketers who are working really really hard to play for NSW

It is all about money my friend. That's why Johns is playing, to encourage people to go to the game or game that he was playing in.

Left_Hander said:
It is all about money my friend. That's why Johns is playing, to encourage people to go to the game or game that he was playing in.

Yea no question about it. The only problem is it meant Haurtiz had to sit out with him trying to win back his ODI spot.

Left_Hander said:
Except that people went to games without him there both this year and last. It's a disgrace.

Playing Johns is kinda slack on up and coming grade cricketers who are working really really hard to play for NSW
Like me! :D

Anyways, anyone know who scored the most runs last season in Aus domestic and how many runs they scored? And who took the most wickets and how many wickets they took?

Left_Hander said:
Yes it is a shame, this is a bit of fun but it is now a tournament like the OD competion, and we could have won that game if we had someone else who could play, cuz they could have batted and they could have taken the singles

It's an entertaining form of cricket, but why does that mean teams dont try thier hardest to win?

Exactly, it was all a bit of fun and still is but they are now playing the game for a trophey, theres not enough heart in it, like Ricky Ponting has stated, he doesn't like the game being played too much because when he puts on his national team colours and the opposition put on there national colours he cant treat it as a bit of fun. Its the same with the state colours

All Twenty/20 games are serious outings, teams want to get the first win of the tour. England were raving on about their win last year so obviously it's going to carry on to the domestic side of the game.

Well NSW must think a bit different of the seriousness, we still had a chance to make the finals

I don't see how Twenty20 is a batsmans game. It's more of a bowlers game IMO, you can easily knock a side over for about 100 hundred runs as the batsman have no time to get their eye in and they constantly have to take risks. I think that's a stupid statement, just like saying cricket is a batsman's game. A batsman has one chance while a bowler has atleast 6 chances and usually if their a front-line bowler then they'll have plenty more.

Feelin Blue? said:
Well NSW must think a bit different of the seriousness, we still had a chance to make the finals

Mathmatically yea we had a chance but our form this season shows we have no hope as our batsmen have been too inconsistent. We shouldn't have needed Johns with the bat had one of our batters made a good score.

Users who are viewing this thread