Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

It's amazing looking at the leading bowling stats!

Rimmington, NJ - 5/27, 7 wickets total, Avg 11.86, S/R 9.4
Hogg, GB - 3/19, 6 wickets total, Avg 7.17, S/R 8
Dighton, MG - 6/25, 6 wickets total, Avg 7.83, S/R 4

And quite right with the John's factor, one of the 4 batsman that got starts of about 22+ didn't make that big score.

It's the part timers or no namers that are doing the damage as well. It's good to see Hogg in there going well.

Yep, considering the aggression the batters that they take on against them.

Now I'm all hyped for tonight!

Johns looks like he'll get another go, might as well open him now we've got nothing to play for now.

Heres the teams for the next round, Tait being back is the biggie.

South Australia squad Daniel Harris, Darren Lehmann (capt), Mark Cosgrove, Nathan Adcock, Ken Skewes, James Smith, Graham Manou (wk), Ryan Harris, Trent Kelly, Dan Cullen, Simon Roberts, Shaun Tait.

Queensland squad James Hopes (capt), Craig Philipson, Brendan Nash, Clinton Perren, Nathan Reardon, Aaron Nye, Michael Buchanan, Chris Simpson, Steve Paulsen, Chris Hartley (wk), Andy Bichel, Ashley Noffke, Nathan Rimmington.

New South Wales squad Ed Cowan, Phil Jaques, Brad Haddin (wk), Simon Katich (capt), Daniel Christian, David Warner, Jarrad Burke, Dominic Thornely, Aaron O'Brien, Tim Lang, Scott Coyte, Andrew Johns.

Tasmania squad Michael Di Venuto, Dane Anderson, Travis Birt, Daniel Marsh (capt), George Bailey, Michael Dighton, Tim Paine (wk), Adam Polkinghorne, Damien Wright, Xavier Doherty, Brendan Drew, Matthew Wade, Ben Hilfenhaus.

Victoria squad Brad Hodge, Aiden Blizzard, Michael Klinger, Cameron White (capt), David Hussey, Robert Quiney, Andrew McDonald, Jon Moss, Adam Crosthwaite (wk), Shane Harwood, Gerard Denton, Mick Lewis, Darren Pattinson.

Western Australia squad Luke Ronchi (wk), Shaun Marsh, Adam Voges, Marcus North (capt), Luke Pomersbach, David Bandy, Theo Doropoulos, Sean Ervine, Peter Worthington, Aaron Heal, Tim Macdonald, Ben Edmondson.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/275832.html

One name that is sticking out is Doropoulos, who on earth is he?

Wouldn't have a clue :p He could end up another young prospect for us or he could end up playing first calss for 10 years before we discoveer his talent

Looking at that site Andrew posted in another thread I see Theo is an opening batsmen.
I see back in the day Coyte was batting above Henriques and Henriques was batting quite low during his u17/19 days only recently being promoted higher.

Well he did used to be a bit of a Lee, Fast bowler and handy with the bat nice and low but has developed into a watson type player now. Ecspically with his injuries when he was lookin gto cement a spot in the NSW team, sounds a bit like watson :p

I'm sure he'll come back much better next season, pity though as I was looking forward to him playing more for NSW.

He could have cemented a spot too but noy Coyte might have a spot so it will be hard for Henriquies to get back in the team

Coyte himself will be fighting to keep his spot, hasn't been impressive in his 3 FRC games and didn't do much in his one Pura game.

i thought he played alright in a couple OD matches. When Bracken comes back and all players are fit then the Blues selectors will have a tough time picking the best possible line-up, it will nearly depend on the pitch most games as we have a long list of spinners

Bollinger also still to come back so that will add further headaches for our selectors. Bracken should be gone for another month so Coyte will have a few games to show he should be in the side as right now his stats aren't too great.

He made his debut this year mid way through the tournament so the number of matches looks to be right. Hes still got a long way to go and will get better as he gets older, right now it's more about gaining experience for him.

Users who are viewing this thread