Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Feelin Blue? said:
Its a shame they dont put them on TV, we need a cricket channel dedicated to cricket and cricket only

Mainly Fox Sports. If no one will want to fund a soccer channel then who would fund cricket?

cricketmad09 said:
FOX Sports.
Sorry i wasn't specific, i meant the Pura Cup matches, the Ford Ranger cup are on FOX sports, and they made a AFL channel so why not Cricket :p

The cricket coverage is quite poor compared to other sports in Aus. They should have at least one of the Pura cup matches being shown.

AFL is really popular in Australia alone and average high amounts of crowds/viewers. If they put the Pura Cup up they still don't get the same ratings as they do for their normal programs. It's just not popular enough.

IloveGilly said:
AFL is really popular in Australia alone and average high amounts of crowds/viewers. If they put the Pura Cup up they still don't get the same ratings as they do for their normal programs. It's just not popular enough.
If AFL is so popular they should include every state in Australia

aussie1st said:
The cricket coverage is quite poor compared to other sports in Aus. They should have at least one of the Pura cup matches being shown.
the pura final is televised and all the VIC/NSW games are too:( WA have had 1 telecast so far, and that was at home. its really annoying to be west aussie with foxsports atm.

Feelin Blue? said:
What! :eek: You get Pura Cup matches shown! We dont get any matches shown here in NSW
nope, no PURA cup matches. I was refering to FRC / twenty20s as fox only telecast VIC/NSW because they will get more viewers than WA games!

Only 1 NSW Twenty-20 has been shown were as Vics has had all but 1 and WA haven't had any, right? But you said you got the Pura Cup Final? we dont unfortunately

Well they really should show more FRC/Twenty20 games, all they need to do is put in a better schedule. There is only going to be 3 games in a round so surely they show 2 of the 3.

Back to the Pura cup now, Bollinger back at long last and I see Mark Cameron (right arm quick, 25) is back.

Simon Katich (captain), Doug Bollinger, Mark Cameron, Beau Casson, Ed Cowan, Brad Haddin, Phil Jaques, Grant Lambert, Stuart MacGill, Matthew Nicholson, Aaron O'Brien, Dominic Thornely. 12th man to be named

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21042951-23212,00.html

Well looking at the first one of those websites ( thanks for showing them by the way ;) ) he has played the one first class match and has match figures of 0-87!

Couldn't find his latest form but I'm guessing it must have been good to take over Coyte who has been good in 2nds but hasn't had much FC time to show what he can do.

Users who are viewing this thread