Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Well obviously they had no hope really the game was lost well before that point but at least the crowd has some entertainment.
Lewis looks to have finally recovered from that ODI carnage as I don't remember seeing him have many good games until this match.

Crowd? How many people usually turn out to those things, i've been to one, there was like no one there which makes it bad as the atmosphere is low but it was also good as it wasn;t crowded

Not many lol and this was at the MCG so it would have been very empty looking.
State Cricket just isn't anywhere near AFL, NRL or the Super 14 where you see crowds of 20,000+.

its really disappointing, its popular its just mainly cuz of the stupid organisers, day nighters on wednesdays and sundays? Wednesdays people are at school and work, and the game doesn't finish to 10 wont get home to 11 ( depends where you live ) for school kids like me thats to late and wont be allowed to go to that, and the same thing for sundays on the night thing, and Pura Cups, nearly every game goes over school days or work days.

With State games at the MCG they usually only open up on Grandstand to the public, the Olympic stand I think it is. So the atmosphere is still okay in the crowd because everyone is bunched in tight. The funny thing is that if the batting team tees off and hits a six into the Great Southern stand, the fielding team have to go and jump the fence and retrieve the ball.

Tassie struggled a bit today with the bat, all out for an embarrassing 94. Edmondson got 6/28, and Magoffin got 4/50. I don't think this match will last the four days. Magoffin is having a reasonable year without being brilliant, very underated bowler at state level I believe.

It is a bit dissapointing to see Australian state cricket not getting the publicity that it needs/deserves. Maybe in 10-15 years State Cricket will be up there with NRL, AFL and Soccer, but at the moment I don't.

I agree with you Feelin Blue. Games are on when people are mostly not going to watch them. Maybe restrict One-Dayers to Fridays and weekends and the Pura Cup during the week - just a suggestion.

Hasn't played too many matches hence him being underrated.
WA don't seem to be having too many problems on this pitch, you would usually expect Hilfenhaus to make a strike with the new ball on this ground.

NSW are 5/104. Katich just got a well made fifty and a 50 run partnership between Katich and O'Brien has put NSW in a decent position but these two need to continue if we want to put up a good score.

Thank God for those two or it could have been another low score by us. O'Brien will be out there to prove hes still got it. MacDonald has bowled very well which is good to see, hope he continues his good form.

Crosswhaite has just dropped Katich. High nearly got it but dropped. It looked like Katich was decived by the bounce. White hasn't bowled to many overs by the look of it. That drop could cost the Bushies.

EDIT: Katich just got stumped for 58. Cameron White bowled it and Crosswhaite did the rest. I guess the dropped catch in the previous didn't hurt the Bushrangers to much

Last edited:
hopefully Hauritz can bat sensibly with O'Brien so we can build on the momentoum Katich and Obi gave us

O'Brien is gone. Whie go him around his legs with a googly. NSW are in trouble now. Hopefully the tail can wag till the end of the innings and get us around the 200 mark.

aussie1st said:
Lol isn't all White's balls googlys ;)
they seem to be, hes always bowling on Middle leg and there not going down the leg side, so we dont ge runs for wides :mad:

All Out for 180 :eek: No one really went on, but good inning by OBI securing a score in the 40's, 41 i think

Actually 7/180 after 50 overs, thanks to Katich for his slow knock again ;)
Jaques again failed and with no Haddin our batting didn't look as strong.

Users who are viewing this thread