Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Yep Cosgrove and Cullum. Any news on his injury as cricket.com.au says hes flared up his hamstring again.

didn;'t see it all, i went to the ashes and saw that then left.

NSW 249 all out 1st innings
Vic 1/211 1st inning

QLD 192 - 1st innings
SA all out 172 - 1st innings,
QLD 1/1 - second innings

Jewell and Hodge were on fire! New South Wales are in some trouble trying every source they have.

Victoria 4/316, Bracken has bowled very economically and grabbed 2 wickets. Coyte and Nicholson have been alright but Lambert didn't offer much.

Qld have started off much better this inns, Maher missed out on the 50 but Perren still going well. Good bowling by Dizzy and Rofe so far.

Vics still in a comanding postion then, that sucks, we need a big turn around and a great 2nd innings or just play for a draw

Hows Hopes bowling looked this season? He just added 4 more wickets to his FC tally. SA having a shocking match with the bat will be lucky to make a 100. Watson played with a runner and made 68 not a bad effort by him.

Jaques poor form in Pura continues sadly, bowled by Lewis for only 2.

I said in the beginning batting would be the Vics' strong point, they certainly fulfilled that today. It's in no small part due to the surprise packet Andrew McDonald, who sits on 4 fifties and a century, having conclusively shrugged his injury concerns.

Hes definitely been a found this year, if he can improve his bowling we may have ourselves an all rounder for the future.

Pathetic display of batting by our batters. None of them went on to make a big one and it's worrying when your number 11 is the 2nd highest scorer. Decent knock by MacGill though, 56 in 32 balls not bad at all.

aussie1st. said:
Decent knock by MacGill though, 56 in 32 balls not bad at all.
Really!! :eek: , Go Macgilla!!, just had a look at the scoreboard, Bracken did alright but how long ago did it end? Were we close to a draw

Ended at 4.53pm local time so yea pretty close to ending up with a draw but thats thanks to the tail enders not the batters.

aussie1st said:
Ended at 4.53pm local time so yea pretty close to ending up with a draw but thats thanks to the tail enders not the batters.
doesn't the game end at 6? so we were like 67 minutes away?
The batting was poor, the only proformances were in the 1st innigns by Haddin And Jaques. Haddin has been making big scores consistently later, mainly in in one dayers though

Feelin Blue? said:
doesn't the game end at 6? so we were like 67 minutes away?
The batting was poor, the only proformances were in the 1st innigns by Haddin And Jaques. Haddin has been making big scores consistently later, mainly in in one dayers though

Yea, so quite close to it for me, all it would have taken was one the batsmen that gots starts to make a 100.
Jaques has really hit a slump lately, not big 100s for quite a while. We need to find a middle order that is more consistent, the only thing they have been consistent with is getting out.

i meant like 67 minutes for our last wicket pair to survive, our middle order should have been able to last another hour, i was thinking more like our last wicket batsmen could last another 10 minutes

Users who are viewing this thread