Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Hussey hits a 6 to win it :( Bollinger wrapped up a good return but not too much else in that 2nd inns for us.

The pitch looked like it got better for batting and our bowling attack is still lacking another wicket taking option. Don't know why we played Casson if we are only giving him 5 overs. MacGill bowled 45 overs out of 54 overs from the one end, thats asking a bit too much.

Poor NSW, with Hodge and White out and not the fullest strength bowling attack (Warne would normally turn up to one of these), this should have been their best chance for a win, but they still lack the killer instinct.

We just haven't hit any form this season and our bowling woes from last year have carried onto this year so even a weakened Victoria side would prove to good for us. Plus it helps when you can bring in the form OD batter in Klinger.

Poor day for SA all out for 114 and WA are almost past that target in half the time. Rogers has another 50 surely would be replacement for Langer now.

I hope Klinger continues to do well, because talent-wise, he is much better than Jewell, Mash and Moss.

Nick Jewell has been doing very well. Perfectly, even, as there's no chance of a call-up. He might even nudge back into the OD team.

aussie1st said:
The pitch looked like it got better for batting and our bowling attack is still lacking another wicket taking option. Don't know why we played Casson if we are only giving him 5 overs. MacGill bowled 45 overs out of 54 overs from the one end, thats asking a bit too much.
Well Huaritz is in good form in the One Day form so give him a few matches at the Pura Cup, you cant give any bowler as many overs as MacGill got given too, its way to many

Still don't know about Haurie in the longer form of the game. Also I found news on Casson saying he has an injury so that explains why he didn't bowl more. He still deserves more of a go to prove himself.

I agree, how would they expect Casson to get wickets when they only bowl him 5 overs? give MacGilla a bit more of a rest, he is 36

Yea thats asking why to much of an oldie, MacGill probably wouldn't have been to happy with it as last thing he needs now is an injury.

Hilfy grabs the first wicket against Queensland.
Langer out in the 90s poor bugger but Rogers is almost at another 100, Tait picked up another 2 today.

rogers gets another century, tait gets five and south australia are in all sorts atm

Tait is in good form i judge by what you said, also Rogers is doing good, maybe the Gilchrist replacement?

I think you mean the Langer replacement as Rogers doesn't keep ;) He should get it easily, Jaques is in a major form slump atm so the selectors no longer have to make excuses not to pick him.

Tait has been awesome since he came back from injury, wonder what he has changed cause he certainly wasn't at his wicket taking best. Don't think we will be seeing him bowl again the way this SA batting lineup is going.

aussie1st said:
I think you mean the Langer replacement as Rogers doesn't keep ;) He should get it easily, Jaques is in a major form slump atm so the selectors no longer have to make excuses not to pick him.
I thought Rogers did keep, must have been thinking of someone else, Jaques would have been Langers replacement but he hit a form slump at the wrong time

Users who are viewing this thread