Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

He is deifnately good enough, it was only Watson holding him out a couple of years back but now it is White.

Well ODI team wise the opening spot is partly open so maybe he could do what Watson did for us.
Could have been in the Test side but now Symonds has wrapped that spot up for a few more games at least.

He can open or we could also give Hussey the opening spot and Hopes down the order, but then we loss our finisher.

Hopes?! as in James Hopes?!

Feeling_Blue? said:
Well Johnson hasn't reached my expectations in the ODI series, he said in an inside cricket edition he will join the 150km club, hasn't been anywhere near that pace
His done better then Clark. His looked more convincing then him atleast.

James, James Hopes :p you sure you wanna say that about Clark after his bowling effort now? Anyway i meant Johnson hasn't reached my expectations in the pace barrier

Clark's figures look better then how he bowled IMO. He had added help with the pitch but still got spanked in all areas of the ground.

Hate him all you like but hes always near the top of the OD wicket taking list (top this year!) and this season the FC wickets list as well. Alright batting form, deserves a try. I wouldn't mind trying McDonald either but this is his first season back for awhile.

I Dont like him, i will admit, but you are right he is playing great so he has to enter the team, i might have sounded like i do like him but i dont.

Lee, Bracken & McGrath bowled a hell of allot better but they don't get any credit. In a way Clark's got the wickets they all deserved.

wfdu_ben91 said:
I don't hate him. I just think his overrated as a ODI bowler.

Tait > Hilfenhaus > Johnson > Clark

Lol I was actually talking about Hopes :) Clark has hardly been amazing in our OD competition.

Bracken is the best ODI international bowler, i have giving lee heaps of credit allready an McGrath is McGrath :p

I think for you, Tait will prove too expensive in ODI's and he'll be having to take 3/4 wickets a game regularly to out weigh the going for 50-60. Hilfenhaus look fairly good, He obvious needs to play more before he settles in better, but he looks to have a future. I don't think Clark does it at ODI's because he relies on settling on a length, which you can do in Tests but not ODI's. McGrath gets away with it because he is a cleverer and better bowler than Clark.
Johnson has looked Promising to me, He's still not considered a regular. He hasn't played enough games for people to discard him yet. He's still proving himself.

On a seperate matter, Got any really promising look youth coming through Atm. I mean 18/19 year olds, It's just living in England we don't tend to get a lot of coverage of your state cricket, And so I only know about your good young players when they get call ups. I have already heard about Pombermarsh who has just exploded oonto the scene it seems, and young Henriques, saw him at the U19's World Cup and I thought he looked very good.

wfdu_ben91 said:
I don't hate him. I just think his overrated as a ODI bowler.

Tait > Hilfenhaus > Johnson > Clark
i often think your opinions are stupid and biased, but i strongly agree with you on this statement. Tait is the second best ODI bowler in australia, behind bracken.

Users who are viewing this thread