Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Im not sold on Rogers, but you have definately gotta give the bloke a go. He just keeps scoring.

Hes been consistent for the last 3 seasons, hes played a fair bit of County cricket so he should be able to make the transistion. Hes in the form of his life, just too bad there are no test for ages.

Give him a run in the commonwelath bank series, or in the WC against Scotland or Nertharlands, but if you take him to the WC he wont be playing domestic cricket and his form might drop

Rogers isn't suited to the OD game, he only has 1 OD 100 in his OD career. We have the Zimbabwe tour which aren't classed as test so that would be a good time to experiment.

Yea i cant wait to that series, because all the new guns will get a trial, who do you reckon the spinner will be, i hope its not MacGill, Cullen is in good form

None of the spinners have really stood out this season. Cullen has only played 2 Pura matches and didn't do all that well.
Bailey has the most wickets of the spinners but he has bowled a fair bit of overs to get them.
Heal is the best of the spinners but hes only had 3 games and only just came onto the radar. So it looks like MacGill will get the gig.

Well at least we have a great OD future, the Pura Cup for bowlers has been bad this season, well most players, but in One Dayers we have a wide range of candidates

It's the pacemen that are going well in Pura so we should be fine with pacemen for the future.

Don't know how Hopes does it but hes always near the top of the bowling for number of wickets.

aussie1st said:
It's the pacemen that are going well in Pura so we should be fine with pacemen for the future.

Don't know how Hopes does it but hes always near the top of the bowling for number of wickets.
Most of our paceman dont seem to be going good in Pura Cup :p Bollinger finding form so thats promising.
Hopes is a vaualbe player, for some reason i just dont like him but he is a good player

Got Hilfy and Tait right up there and Dizzy still going along nicely. Drew will go up after taking a 5 fer against Queensland. Johnson still yet to show why he should be the paceman to replace McGrath. Hes on par with Bollinger.

Well Johnson hasn't reached my expectations in the ODI series, he said in an inside cricket edition he will join the 150km club, hasn't been anywhere near that pace

Lol hes got no hope, he can't even get 145 km/h. Still can't believe he was in line for a Test call up with his FC form. Until he proves himself he shouldn't be near our Test side.

He too young and all he wanted before was pace but now he has settled more for line and length i think, cuz he used to be around the 145's, Tait seems to be bowling good with pace from what im hearing

Hopes is in the runs now made a good 74 so far, maybe he could fill the all rounder spot if Watson is injured again. His pace is decent enough these days.

Users who are viewing this thread