Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion

tangledbrave

School Cricketer
We were discussing about AI hitting 4 or 6 of he last ball of the over irrespective of whether it is test matches or shorter format.

Is it fixed in PC? Did you guys noticed this?

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
We were discussing about AI hitting 4 or 6 of he last ball of the over irrespective of whether it is test matches or shorter format.

Is it fixed in PC? Did you guys noticed this?
That used to do my head in no end, it was clearly hard coded to do so on most occasions, incredibly annoying.

I too would be interested to know if this is fixed.

Col. Hans Landa

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It works, and with minimal overhead too. But the game isn't supported by Geforce Experience yet, which is the error I keep getting when I try to record by that means. Weird because it worked one time with the Cricket Academy demo the other day. Never since.

As a work around, I have just been hooking my elgato game capture hd60 up to the HDMI port of my computer and then recording to my laptop for zero performance hit. Not everyone has one so it's not going to be a practical solution for many.

Interesting. I hosted a match via GeForce Experience on Twitch.

Reactions: DAP

Giraffe

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So I have had about an hour to fiddle around and this is what I have observed...
-Teams are ridiculously complex to download, I thought I followed Markkkk's post but I still have players where they shouldn't be (Hastings and Rimmington in Qld for instance). I know this is just a matter of time but it is still annoying to have to manually change everyone
-I couldn't find players when trying to add them to a team even though I had downloaded them (e.g. Warner)
-I haven't paid much attention to any bugs as I haven't owned the game but I am assuming the bug that stops you from changing lineups is well known
-I have only batted so far in a 20/20 and found it much more enjoyable than dbc14
-The circle thing on the bowlers is fantastic, it has completely stopped me pre-meditating
-Most of the shots look great (only cut and weird slog to midwicket don't)
-I really like the new batting controls

Overall it is a brilliant game however not quite at its very best it seems. I am confident that over the next couple of months it will turn out to become one of the great sporting games

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Is anyone else having problems editing line-ups in the downloaded teams? For example, I tried changing the England Test batting order, just to experiment, from @SnowyCasanova 's upload, but I'd choose where I wanted to move someone to, press confirm, and nothing would happen. I tried a few times and eventually gave up. Then I went on to @Llewelynf 's India team and tried to change Kohli to ODI captain (as he now is) - I press the appropriate button to do so, but there's no response whatsoever. Is this something that needs to go in the bug thread or is it something to do with the uploads themselves? Sorry if it's been mentioned...

Giraffe

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Is anyone else having problems editing line-ups in the downloaded teams? For example, I tried changing the England Test batting order, just to experiment, from @SnowyCasanova 's upload, but I'd choose where I wanted to move someone to, press confirm, and nothing would happen. I tried a few times and eventually gave up. Then I went on to @Llewelynf 's India team and tried to change Kohli to ODI captain (as he now is) - I press the appropriate button to do so, but there's no response whatsoever. Is this something that needs to go in the bug thread or is it something to do with the uploads themselves? Sorry if it's been mentioned...

I am having the same issue

BRAB

International Coach
Is there a reason why pressing 12oclock on the left stick and 1 oclock on the right leads to a pull shot of sorts?

So frustrating

EhsanShah556

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Just bought the game on Steam! Its downloading.

From the reviews that I read, it seems that Big ant has really improved the PC version, of course that improvements will be rolled to consoles too.

But, Yeah, exciting to play.

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Yes it is. On my Xbox One I had the same issue, however the change that I was making actually did reflect in the game. It looks like some issue viewing these changes in the line up.
I don't have the steam version yet. Not sure if I'll invest in that.

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
Game is running at low FPS even after reducing resolution,character quality,etc.I am having 8 gb ram,Intel hd graphics 4400 which is equal to nvidia gt710.Then also low fps is it due to internet speed ???? Please answer,Anyone please help me.

EhsanShah556

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Game is running at low FPS even after reducing resolution,character quality,etc.I am having 8 gb ram,Intel hd graphics 4400 which is equal to nvidia gt710.Then also low fps is it due to internet speed ???? Please answer,Anyone please help me.

I think no matter how good intel graphic card is, it can never handle current gen games !

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Turn off things like depth of field and ambient occlusion - they always seem to slow my computer down. I haven't actually got out of the academy yet though, haha!

Yes it is. On my Xbox One I had the same issue, however the change that I was making actually did reflect in the game. It looks like some issue viewing these changes in the line up.
I don't have the steam version yet. Not sure if I'll invest in that.

Ah, in that case, I hope I didn't mess it all up, haha! Do I have to go right into a match to see it, or can I view it elsewhere before?

Users who are viewing this thread