Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Hi how do you turn the red circle around the ball off? I turned all HUD elements off in options and everything disappeared except the red circle. Please help thank you.

Also is there a way to invert the batting shot directions because when I move the right stick to the right it hits left and vice versa.

Doesn't matter, my point still stands

Stop talking rubbish until you have played the game for a good 8-10 hours because i have. I have been a gamer for years and love a challenging game. I have given up on fifa because it has just become a user friendly sweat fest.

My point is regarding the whole mechanics of the batting and the way it is designed not just wether it is difficult or not. You can already make runs on harder difficulty if you chose to premeditate your footwork but i feel it compromises the experience of the game to be frankly honest.

Callum Ferguson and Phil Hughes open the bowling for SA which is a major flaw.

This is getting fixed

It is just impossible to pick up both line and length.

It's obviously not if some people are able to do it

This is for pro difficulty and above. If you are waiting for the ball to be bowled before you pick which foot to play it off and what direction to hit in then you wont be making many runs and i find it hard to believe anyone that says otherwise.

I say otherwise.

This is getting fixed

It's obviously not if some people are able to do it

I say otherwise.

could you or someone else who has figured out batting make a video tutorial or something?

At the moment I don't think it is impossible I just think it's difficult in the game to figure out exactly what we're doing wrong. I keep thinking there must be some trick or some "a-ha" moment where it clicks as to what I'm not doing correctly.

Not sure you've actually played it yet....

biggums.png

The game has been in the hands of consumers for what...a few days? Yet people are unhappy at not succeeding on the hardest difficulties? These difficulties should be a huge challenge and reward patience with the game. Almost all cricket games have got this wrong in the past and after a week people have been smashing 6s left right and centre on the hardest level...then sadly the game loses all fun to me. I want to feel as though im working for every run and improving all the while.

Also phil, not having a go since in understand it is hard. But I feel as though I have improved immensely on the academy. I understand hitting gaps etc with the full game will be harder however ;)

Last edited:
The game has been in the hands of consumers for what...a few days? Yet people are unhappy at not succeeding on the hardest difficulties? These difficulties should be a huge challenge and reward patience with the game. Almost all cricket games have got this wrong in the past and after a week people have been smashing 6s left right and centre on the hardest level...then sadly the game loses all fun to me. I want to feel as though im working for every run and improving all the while

It's not complaining about not being able to succeed and it's on pro which is lowest difficulty for career mode. The problem isn't so much not being able to succeed as not being able to tell wtf is going on and what your doing wrong which leads to frustration. My issues with previous cricket games where that once you cracked them they were far too easy so I, like everyone else, want the game to be difficult it's just that the current system feels obtuse rather than difficult and challenging. I don't think people should comment on it until playing it, before I had the game I was happy to see that batting wasn't a walk in the park but after playing it I'm stumped as to how your actually meant to improve your batting and as to what I'm not getting about it. Bowling at the lowest difficulty is also far too easy.

haha anyone can master batting playing on amateur and pro mate but what happens when you make your 200 or 300 and keep rolling the cpu for 50?

Just because I haven't posted my experiences on Pro doesn't mean I haven't played it.

It's not complaining about not being able to succeed and it's on pro which is lowest difficulty for career mode. The problem isn't so much not being able to succeed as not being able to tell wtf is going on and what your doing wrong which leads to frustration. My issues with previous cricket games where that once you cracked them they were far too easy so I, like everyone else, want the game to be difficult it's just that the current system feels obtuse rather than difficult and challenging. I don't think people should comment on it until playing it, before I had the game I was happy to see that batting wasn't a walk in the park but after playing it I'm stumped as to how your actually meant to improve your batting and as to what I'm not getting about it. Bowling at the lowest difficulty is also far too easy.

all ill say is that in career specially your players attributes are awful at the beginning so its going to be insanely hard for the 1st two or three seasons but after that should even itself out. I'm guessing people are playing casual with some of the best players on the game then going into career with no attributes at all... of course its going to be hard...

Did you play the academy? At least the nets mode gives you a timing indicator which might help?

could you or someone else who has figured out batting make a video tutorial or something?

At the moment I don't think it is impossible I just think it's difficult in the game to figure out exactly what we're doing wrong. I keep thinking there must be some trick or some "a-ha" moment where it clicks as to what I'm not doing correctly.

I don't really know what you'd really be able to put in to a tutorial other than what is already provided in the manual or tutorial mode

Does AI bowl any yorkers at all... I have seen a lot of videos posted on youtube but never saw AI bowling yorker length deliveries....

Users who are viewing this thread