Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Pro tip - try the orbit camera in the replay mode - you can see so many little details of the stadiums with it. Or things like this:
p5hrtd7.jpg

Chicken chicken chicken - still makes me laugh ;)

Wasn't put in there under my direction btw one of the artists slipped it in after a "Q&A"

How do you generate pace? that is the only missing link. With any kind of bowler its a same issue. Can someone please share info on this?

Pro tip - try the orbit camera in the replay mode - you can see so many little details of the stadiums with it. Or things like this:
p5hrtd7.jpg

The security guy's expression: "Deal with it"

Reading the Facebook page would make you think Big Ant forgot to include a manual or tutorial mode. So many people are just incapable of using them...

A very good manual as well.

Would be nice if there was audio in the tutorials - one of the few plus points in Cricket 07 - it was good at teaching you how to play. I think some of the Brian Lara series also had it, but it was gone by IC2010, replaced with walls of text.

Surprised at how many care about co-op.

So, how does a batsman reacts after scoring a 50 or 100? I really wanna see this.

Surprised at how many care about co-op.

Majority of those ought to be from Asia. Siblings wanting to play at the same time thereby avoiding fights over who plays first.

Saw my first over throws for a 4, i also ran two runs so i got 6 runs to my score. I have had one run a couple of times but this is the first i have seen.

Also the AI got two leg byes while i was bowling, they ran for a very silly run and the bowler throws at the stumps(missed) and no one was there. Last but not least i also had a edge to the keeper and when i went for the appeal the umpire said no, so i reviewed it.

To my surprise the edge went straight to ground and i did not see it. Loved this.

Ok, how about me then?

I have played this game for hours and I know that it is indeed VERY playable without the bowling assistance HUD. In fact, 4 months of my time with the game were spent without the bowling assistance HUD and what taught me about bowling was the diagram we use in the manual, not the bowling assistance HUD.

The simple fact of things, is that if you want to learn how to ride a bicycle you have to take off the training wheels at some point. We're not going to hold your hand the entire way, especially not at the hardest difficulties.

Sometimes you need to take the wheels off, let go of mummy and daddies hands and learn to ride by yourself.

Fair call about the whole bowling hud theory i will be reasonable and apologise. I took your criticism on board immediately and went away and practiced bowling without the HUD and i am finding it to be easier, especially the spin bowling in particular. Its all about getting the right rotation speed and the release part is pretty straight forward.

Even I felt that i was not getting any better with the bowling hud as i was concentrating on the top left corner. Moreover it was ruining the experience. I started playing without HUD today and it was lottle tough initially but I'm little better now and the whole feel of the game changed drastically. I just wish that in the patch you all people to use audio support on higher difficulty levels too so that people can practice using them instead of hud.

Users who are viewing this thread