Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Can anybody here tell the RPM they get with spin??

I usually get only around 250-300 but with the line I get wickets but it would be really effective is I get around 800-1000 like the AI does....By the way I spin LAS around 4-5 times before bowling but get only this much...

I usually get only around 250-300 but with the line I get wickets but it would be really effective is I get around 800-1000 like the AI does....By the way I spin LAS around 4-5 times before bowling but get only this much...
Try spinning it the other way around.

Great for the guys in the office, and me, to hear these stories-really makes them feel appreciated and helps spur them on to make it even better.

Ross I did not mention this before but as you like to hear such stories I would like to share this..My career player started with 0,0,12,36,12 and the heart rate when I am facing the ball gets really high as in the back of the mind I know that I am in very bad form in batting...:p

THIS GAME JUST FEELS SO REAL

----------

Try spinning it the other way around.

But for an offspinner I should do spinning LAS Left to right....Right??
Why other way??

Didn't mention that in your post, so was just a guess as a first point you might be getting wrong.

You want three rotations, try slowing down and aim to have the third one complete as your bowler is nearly finished his motion, and then push up on the right stick.

The manual says to spin it up to three times and time the end of the the final spin with the delivery of the ball. Also, you have to rotate the stick in the correct direction. Anti-clockwise for wrist spinners and clockwise for finger spinners (right handers).

I don't bowl spin though, so I can't give you any insights.

The manual for ps3 is wrong on spin, it is correct in game when you bring up the controls screen.

Practising with the HUD should also help.

I will post a correction image tomorrow.

Second game done, 10 over match this time. Bowled first and struggled to keep it tight and they made 80 odd. Was struggling to find gaps again batting and needed 50 off the last 2 overs so went for a slog and managed to lose by 8 runs. Got quite exciting when I got it to 17 needed off 4, then got caught in the deep and lost my chance.

It's really good that it's so difficult to master each skill and you can't just pick it up and score thousands of runs just like that. Going to require a lot of time to get good and I'm happy to wait for the patch before starting career mode as I'm going to be nowhere near ready to make a decent go of that before then.

Last edited:
I will post a correction image tomorrow.

...Can you also post some instructions on Lamaze breathing exercises as well, because whenever my career player gets to the 20's I start to freak out and the heart rate goes up a little too fast, I feel instructions on keeping a balanced, calm heart-rate could be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

I think you are most likely sorted now after all the answers but just in case.

Do the tutorial for spin in the practice match.
3 rotations is the maximum.
Wait a step before your start. The tutorial will make getting used to this easy.
I get between 2000 and 3000rpm, sadly it doesn't really make any difference, there is no turn either way.

I get between 2000 and 3000rpm, sadly it doesn't really make any difference, there is no turn either way.

I get a lot of turn in test matches, on dusty pitches. Love bowling the doosra or googly in such conditions!

Ross I did not mention this before but as you like to hear such stories I would like to share this..My career player started with 0,0,12,36,12 and the heart rate when I am facing the ball gets really high as in the back of the mind I know that I am in very bad form in batting...:p

THIS GAME JUST FEELS SO REAL

----------

Why other way??

I get around 2000rpm on my career wrist spinner but I don't turn the ball at all really I know I have the controls right too so maybe ross may need to tweak it a lil so the ball spins abit more

Huge help, massive. Thanks @imhassan.

:) Glad to help. Also, focus on the foot marks next to the umpire so you know when exactly to jump.

I was constantly getting 80 mph+ speed today with good line and length ( and a few no balls ) in a practice test match. Also delivered a beauty at 92mph. Dropped 2 catches and no wickets.

Similarly, with spin, you have to push the right stick up as soon as you complete third rotation of the left stick. But, start spinning the left stick late so you can match the third rotation with the ball release.

Note: I'm not using the bowling assistance HUD or the audio assistance. Playing on Pro.

Pro tip: Playing a practice test match is a much better way to learn bowling, because of different field sets and real match conditions, than using the on ground practice option.

The big change in this game is that you get reward for bowling to your field settings and get hit on bad balls...Not like previous games at all where whatever ball you bowl it always goes straight to the fielder as if there's a magnet in the ball...:thumbs and :clap to the team...

----------

And the amount of variation for spinners is just too good...I think I am in better control as a spinner in the game and able to bowl wide when the batsman tries to advance and play a shot....I have even used Ashwin's strategy of bowling the wide down the leg to get them out....;)

...Can you also post some instructions on Lamaze breathing exercises as well, because whenever my career player gets to the 20's I start to freak out and the heart rate goes up a little too fast, I feel instructions on keeping a balanced, calm heart-rate could be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

I know its a joke but in all seriousness i got to 20 and between 20 and 24 i went to the toilet 4 times....you get so nervy, its brilliant.

Just to put things in perspective, there was only one delivery between 20 and 24 then i went out...

I get around 1000 to 1400 but I kind of just spin the stick really fast so I am doing it wrong!!

So what you have to do it spin it anticlockwise three times for a legspinner, timing the end of your spin at the release of the ball?

Users who are viewing this thread