Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

The cool thing about this game that does make sense despite me constructively criticizing it this early on is that whilst some of us quickly jumped to assumptions about certain gameplay aspects, what is there does work well and serves the intended purposes when you consider the risk/reward elements involved in all aspects of each discipline. Sure I'll keep digging for cool ideas to keep improving it and future iterations but what is here really is quite fun and gives me good vibes and genuine tension and excitement playing it.:)

My imagination is ticking over big time as well. Gotta love that Ross.:thumbs

I got my copy on Friday and have put in some hours over the weekend. My first impression: Great game! All the small details and variations are great. I am enjoying it a lot - even though I throw my wicket away far too easily in career mode - it is frustrating, because each time I know exactly what I did wrong. I really love the realism!

Thanks for this game BigAnt and Ross, I don't see it leaving my Xbox for very long! Yes there are some bugs here and there, but having previous experience with your dedication to patch and support, I am not worried.:cheers

Loving career mode, so addictive, only gripe I have is the lack of a field map, i ran out 3 of my guys including myself in career mode cos I wasnt sure of the field, either then that, batting requires a lot of patience, bowling requires a lot of thick skin, so so so many near misses, and close lbw apeals when I badly needed a wicket,

Can someone explain how do you predict where the ball will pitch while batting? the length and the line, given that it is just milliseconds for us to decide the shot

Can someone explain how do you predict where the ball will pitch while batting? the length and the line, given that it is just milliseconds for us to decide the shot

Length is based on the color of the circle - Red means short, green means good length, and yellow means overpitched.

Regarding line, there was a good representation given with the help of an image. Let me see if I can find it.

Length is based on the color of the circle - Red means short, green means good length, and yellow means overpitched.

Regarding line, there was a good representation given with the help of an image. Let me see if I can find it.

Thanks for that, i will notice that in nets this time.

Can someone post that image for judging line?

Have only played a few casual games so far but it appears for the first few overs there is 1 or even no slips in place when the AI bowls....is this a floor in the game? Does it indicate there are few few edges to anything other than the WK or First Slip?

Destroys the realism a little as it doesn't feel like real text cricket. Despite that I'm pretty impressed early on!

Have others noticed the same?

Have only played a few casual games so far but it appears for the first few overs there is 1 or even no slips in place when the AI bowls....is this a floor in the game? Does it indicate there are few few edges to anything other than the WK or First Slip?

Destroys the realism a little as it doesn't feel like real text cricket. Despite that I'm pretty impressed early on!

Have others noticed the same?

There are a couple of faults. Ross said it wasnt going to be perfect. For your case it depends on how the games is happening, if you tonk the bowlers for some boundaries early on I would be surprised if they still had 2-3 slips.

There are a couple of faults. Ross said it wasnt going to be perfect. For your case it depends on how the games is happening, if you tonk the bowlers for some boundaries early on I would be surprised if they still had 2-3 slips.

Sorry I meant to say that even for the first over or so most of the games I've played there isn't even 1 slip and that's without me going the tonk and them being on top taking wickets....I'm guessing it's a limitation of the first iteration....

Sorry I meant to say that even for the first over or so most of the games I've played there isn't even 1 slip and that's without me going the tonk and them being on top taking wickets....I'm guessing it's a limitation of the first iteration....

What type of game were you playing? Test, one day, T20?

I find the field placings pretty much perfect when I'm on strike... AI will stack the field off my legs and mid on/ mid off supermen are up, usually always. So I blast a few through covers and the AI changes to around the wicket and pushes fine leg and square leg back and loads the onside and starts bowling across me... So I move around in my crease And feed deliveries out to the square leg and fine leg boundaries. Rinse, wash, repeat. It's brilliant cat and mouse stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread