Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

I will wait for BA to fix and then start career mode anyways want to start it in Pakistan with Pakistani domestic teams.

Will this be possible ??? Will be great if someone answer this pls.

Pretty sad that the career mode is broken yet it was the biggest thing going for this game. The games not even officially released yet it seems like the Ashes 09 days of having to find petty walk arounds to make it semi-realistic. Quite amazing the bowler selection bug got through the play testing.

Might be ok for everyone here who has followed the game development it seems, but first impressions count and when the average joe sees Alex Hales opening the bowling against them when they fire up the game, as well as the other bugs being noted - well wait and see....

Is it worth the ?45?

I'm holding off until the bargain bin at this rate TBH.

Last edited:
I will wait for BA to fix and then start career mode anyways want to start it in Pakistan with Pakistani domestic teams.

Will this be possible ??? Will be great if someone answer this pls.

Yes.In Don Bradman Academy, under Teams option there is a "Career Team List" which allows you to select a custom Team List with your own (or downloaded) custom teams and play career mode with one of those teams. You can download the Pakistani domestic teams and put them in a custom Team List in Academy and then select that custom list as your Career Team List. I know its a lot of work, but I am sure it is possible.

Pretty sad that the career mode is broken yet it was the biggest thing going for this game. The games not even officially released yet it seems like the Ashes 09 days of having to find petty walk arounds to make it semi-realistic and playable Amazing the bowler selection bug got through the play testing.

Might be ok for everyone here who has followed the game development it seems, but first impressions count and when the average joe sees Alex Hales opening the bowling against them when they fire up the game, as well as the other bugs being noted - well wait and see....

Is it worth the ?45?

It's incredible how some people choose to ignore all the positive reactions and decide to focus on extremely minor, nit-picked 'bugs'. They also seemingly ignore the fact that the team is actively taking feedback and looking to iron kinks out.

But yeh sure, wait for the game. We'll all enjoy playing it from Day 1.

Your choice, but maybe you should listen to those with the game who say that the game itself is very enjoyable. There are other game modes which, put together, make DBC14 still more expansive than any other previous cricket game even without the career mode. Don't overhype the small negatives.

EDIT: see I just pretty much repeated Snowy. Ah well, good minds think alike

Last edited:
I've uploaded another 30 minutes video for those who are interested. This is a T20 match in the tour mode.

Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Tour Mode. T20 Match Pak vs SA - YouTube

Pretty sad that the career mode is broken yet it was the biggest thing going for this game. The games not even officially released yet it seems like the Ashes 09 days of having to find petty walk arounds to make it semi-realistic and playable Amazing the bowler selection bug got through the play testing.

Is it worth the ?45?

Good for you. We got it. You don't like the game. We don't agree but we know what you've been trying to say for the last few posts. You seem to ignore everything good that is being posted about the game and focus only on the issues that aren't even major bugs. And then you compare it to Ashes series, which was simply crap.

For what it's worth, I didn't see Alex Hales open the bowling when i started the game.

But, Wow.

I'm sorry but can someone explain what is broken in the career mode?

I'm sorry but can someone explain what is broken in the career mode?

To simplify it, player ratings don't necessarily match the name attached to them. It doesn't impact any other mode. Big Ant are looking for a solution.

guys has anyone checked the online match
i mean the lag and all

not meaning to hurt anyone who prefers offline
i guess however good the offline AI is made ppl will surely find a way or another to exploit it
but playing against a human opponent will surely be a different experience
looking at all the videos
i guess online is gonna be both fun and realistic and not to mention competitive

See I am looking forward to the Career mode most as well but this isn't a major issue. It can be fixed and can be worked around. Its not like the game doesn't work or anything so not a huge issue

@imhassan Hi mate, just asking if your 50 was in a game that you will show us on YouTube? Thanks heaps #cantwaitinaustralia

:yes Jamo

No sorry, it wasn't completely recorded. I only recorded the 50 celebration when my friend was playing at Rookie level.

BTW, I'm getting better at Pro mode. :D

I think it's completely reasonable to say that career mode is broken, and it's not fair to criticise the guy for being reluctant to purchase it.

You have two options:

1) Don't link the players with CA. This means that you have correct player attributes but the names and faces are wrong. This isn't a disaster but given all the work that went in to CA, by both CA and the public, this is far from a good solution
2) Link the players with CA but then you have bowlers linked with batsmen and batsmen linked with bowlers, and end up with Ryan Carters bowling and tailenders scoring centuries.

To simplify it, player ratings don't necessarily match the name attached to them. It doesn't impact any other mode. Big Ant are looking for a solution.

So you mean when players are downloaded from CA, they are not imported along with their skills?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread