Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

i know @Ross is ignoring me so maybe someone can ask that question?

if e.g. Alex Hales has the attributes of Paul Franks in career mode, if they have different heights and so I am facing Hales rather than Franks, will that affect gameplay in terms of bounce if one player is taller/shorter than the other?

similarly if a (physically) strong player gets the high batting attributes of a (physically) weaker player, won't that affect gameplay in terms of his boundary hitting capabilities?

@Ross a valid question please consider.

how abt matching the order of players in accordance with the disk

It's sorted on alphabetical order. The only way to have perfectly matching orders, is to either have inaccurate rosters, or out of date rosters.

It is really irritating that console players gonna enjoy from this April and us PC players have to wait out...:noway:noway Just hoping i may not get bored just by watching gameplay videos

@Ross why the delay

Can we have a look at the roster/lineup on the disk and create similar players on custom rosters in CA so that similar players are replaced?

I guess we need two new modes in the game:
1) Unranked Career: So that we can use teams with different strengths.
2) Unranked online match: A lot of us have gone through actions in different leagues to create teams. A normalizations defeats that completely. Thus just give a unranked match option.

This is what I was thinking too. If online will be normalised, then what was the point for all those auctions and leagues in the online forum?

We console players are beta testers. PC gamers will get a much more polished version with patches :p

So it is more so a "visual" change than a gameplay change, understood.

Correct. The entire issue is a visual one and not gameplay related.

It's sorted on alphabetical order. The only way to have perfectly matching orders, is to either have inaccurate rosters, or out of date rosters.

why can you explain a little ?? I thought that if we manually link players to there correct counter on disk player it will fit.

Can we have a look at the roster/lineup on the disk and create similar players on custom rosters in CA so that similar players are replaced?

The point is then you would be playing with slightly out of date rosters. You have to match the on-disc team exactly, and given the time difference between the establishment of the on-disc teams, and the creation of the user teams, there are difference between the two.

@Ross can we go around the issue (and I don't think it is that big of one) if we do take the time and update players individually?

Users who are viewing this thread