Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Thats a relief. Now only if we could solve the issue with linking.

That IS solving the issue. They're going to maintain the integrity of the user generated teams (have the user generated players maintain the user generated roles) but normalise them to reflect the overall skill/ability of the original on-disc team.

Is this right @BigAntStudios?

But the skills are only allowed to be customised in moderation, which isn't completely fixing the problem. Thus I would prefer an unranked career mode option as well. Meh, obviously it is unlikely as @Ross continually appears to ignore this suggestion. We'll see how this new system goes when the patch is released and rest assured I'll be the first to complain if I don't like it :p

That IS solving the issue. They're going to maintain the integrity of the user generated teams (have the user generated players maintain the user generated roles) but normalise them to reflect the overall skill/ability of the original on-disc team.

Is this right @BigAntStudios?

If that is the case then wont the correctly linking players solve the issue?

I assume Ross has mentioned that they will be providing a fix as people haven't taken the leaderboard thing very positively and in the meantime continue with the normalisation in online games. So, it does mean that the normalisation in the career mode will most definitely be removed?

Repeating this for about the 5th time now....the players are correctly linked as per how linking works. The creators have done everything correctly as per how it should work.

Career Mode is an anomaly. If we linked PURELY based on Career Mode, then the rosters would be out of date or innacurate for all the other games modes.

:facepalm The linked players are old and out-dated, thus to have the most correct squads you must disregard some linked players.

EDIT: Yet again, Snowy beats me to the punch

Hey Guys,

I noticed that in the 10th minute of the tour mode video - there was a BARS review - (drs) anyways the review didn't check for an inside edge or hotspot- is this what will happen in all reviews?? :noway :yes :D Good job BigAnt - Game is looking goooood :D:clap:cheers

20.11 minutes in and there is an appeal for a stumping but it is given not out. The fielding team is given the option of a challenge

This is incorrect. Stumpings are never challenged for. It should have been checked by the third umpire. I hope this isn't wrong for run outs as well.

The game took it as an appeal for caught behind since the batsman had reached his crease. Had the fielding team taken the option for review, I am pretty sure we would have seen the BARS come into effect for a caught behind!

This is fine as in another situation, it might have been an edge that was missed by the umpire!!

I assume Ross has mentioned that they will be providing a fix as people haven't taken the leaderboard thing very positively and in the meantime continue with the normalisation in online games. So, it does mean that the normalisation in the career mode will most definitely be removed?

No. They will input the same normalisation used in online games, so players skills/attributed will move up/down in moderation rather than having set skills they must be.

@Snowy, since you seem to understand this better than most, can you tell me if it can be worked around by updating individual players instead? Not fussed by it myself just trying to work out alternatives for others that seem to have a major issue with this.

Loving the look of the game, thanks again to Inhassam for all the videos.

Now for the career mode, i understand and i am happy it's going to get fixed ASAP, my question is will this need a patch or can you fix it in CA without a patch.

PS For Inhassam, can you bounce the ball over the keepers head if you bowl to short. Thanks Bigant for this game.

@Snowy, since you seem to understand this better than most, can you tell me if it can be worked around by updating individual players instead? Not fussed by it myself just trying to work out alternatives for others that seem to have a major issue with this.

Again, the only way it will work, is if you have outdated/innacurate rosters. You could link players individually, but then you would either have to link players that aren't on that team anymore, or keep the on-disc equivalent on the team.

But the skills are only allowed to be customised in moderation, which isn't completely fixing the problem. Thus I would prefer an unranked career mode option as well. Meh, obviously it is unlikely as @Ross continually appears to ignore this suggestion. We'll see how this new system goes when the patch is released and rest assured I'll be the first to complain if I don't like it :p

He's also determinedly ignoring the height issue, so we can assume it does affect gameplay

Again, the only way it will work, is if you have outdated/innacurate rosters. You could link players individually, but then you would either have to link players that aren't on that team anymore, or keep the on-disc equivalent on the team.

Thank you for explaining that

In order to keep everyone equal for the leaderboards and so that every career mode is "equal" the base stats for every player in the "career world" are the same regardless of the appearance of the actual teams in it.

This hasn't been received well and I have made a commitment to change it.

We have figured it out and MattW was closest to the pin. We will normalise the teams as we already do for online play.

Ross did say here that they will change it. And, if I am reading it correctly, I think the last line he meant was for online play, normalisation will be there as with all their other games.

Users who are viewing this thread