Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

In most jurisdictions they'd be in deep trouble if someone could be bothered to take the action and also be prepared to lose a lot of money at court for no big gain.

I couldn't see them ever getting to console, MS and Sony wouldn't allow it.

Well, the Cricket Captain games have been going for 16 years now and they've never had licenses as far as I know, and they have always used proper player names as well as referring to the Ashes with that name... I don't know how it all works but I'm sure issues would have cropped up by now if they were going to.

I have wondered about this also. I haven't played Cricket Coach for a good few years but I'm pretty sure that they also had the proper names. As I've have said before though personally I don't really see the point of paying for a license when the money saved by not doing so can spent on more important things such as gameplay. Leaving it up to the community to create the players and teams is the way forward.

In most jurisdictions they'd be in deep trouble if someone could be bothered to take the action and also be prepared to lose a lot of money at court for no big gain.

I couldn't see them ever getting to console, MS and Sony wouldn't allow it.
International Cricket Captain III released on PS2 and PSP in 2007

International Cricket Captain III - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 2001 version also released on PS1 under the name "International Cricket Captain 2001: The Ashes Edition".

They aren't really games best suited to be played with a controller so not many editions have made it to console, but it has had a couple of releases in the past with no fuss kicked up. It has also been released on the Apple app store.

Very surprised as you have to affirm that you own or have licensed all content.

It just means that no one cares enough to take it on.

As I've have said before though personally I don't really see the point of paying for a license when the money saved by not doing so can spent on more important things such as gameplay. Leaving it up to the community to create the players and teams is the way forward.

As I always say at this point; You don't necessarily pay for a "license". All a license is is just asking for permission to use someone else's IP. Sometimes it works in reverse, where the value to the brand OF appearing in your game is actually more valuable to THEM...

As I always say at this point; You don't necessarily pay for a "license". All a license is is just asking for permission to use someone else's IP. Sometimes it works in reverse, where the value to the brand OF appearing in your game is actually more valuable to THEM...

So do you think this is the case here? I would have thought not.

No. I would have thought that you're bang on: the risk is fairly minimal I would have thought. If they were doing like thousands upon thousands of units then I suspect they'd be more concerned.

My point was more addressing the constant thing I see about people saying that "license money" would be better spent on gameplay - Theoretically if my license generates me an estimated 10x sales then I might have 10x the budget FOR gameplay. PLUS, as I say, it doesn't necessarily cost me anything at all.

You'd just need a guy with money than sense and a friendly QC... however, as you say, with the numbers the way they are it's a minimal risk.

In a way I wish it would backfire on them and cause them to need to use fake names... Currently it seems the devs make modding really awkward on purpose and are very unhelpful/quiet when anyone brings up the topic. I'm sure they would change their tune if they had to rely on their fanbase to mod the fake names.

You know what they say about lawyers who represent themselves...

Bit of a bug: I was going for a third run just now and pressed the button to dive in - that caused my batting partner to dive, leaving me sauntering over the line and got run out. For the first time ever I'd just begun to get my innings going as well!

You know what they say about lawyers who represent themselves...

Is there any update on the save game issue yet Ross?

At present, the running to demo, and then starting seems to be working, which is great. Unfortunately, in my eagerness to play, I always forget!

Admin, I have asked this already, but would it be possible to create a sticky thread with helpful workarounds for any bugs? This may make it easier for new members, or members without the time to read through thousands of posts, to find an answer that will help them play the game. Thanks!

do we know of anyone that has tried the game on a Intel Graphics 3000 series card?

My laptop is a Intel Graphics 3000 one. It runs CA, but gets choppy at times. I can only guess that the full game will lagg quite significantly if I ever try the game on it.

Users who are viewing this thread