Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Big Ant can you able to put a slog sweep in dbc 14 with a update or patch 3?

Big Ant can you able to put a slog sweep in dbc 14 with a update or patch 3?

I am sure it is their absolute number one priority and I honour them for that; the slog sweep being of course the great shot that just says "cricket".......if only their was more slog-sweeping cricket would be fine and the WI wouldnt be in the mess they are in....oh, how many days till the next IPL, God it is so hard to wait..................

hi guys im back... ive noticed that things on the next gen version has gone completely silent. i dont know whats going on and i dont wanna buy a ps3 for one game only because dbc 14 is the only game i wana play on ps3/360. please help .this is what it feels like waiting

Attachments

• download (10).jpg
    download (10).jpg
    6 KB · Views: 24
It was not announced in the first place to get cancelled....They have not said anything about the PS4/XB1 release....So I would think that the next iteration of the game will be released for those consoles..

I am sure it is their absolute number one priority and I honour them for that; the slog sweep being of course the great shot that just says "cricket".......if only their was more slog-sweeping cricket would be fine and the WI wouldnt be in the mess they are in....oh, how many days till the next IPL, God it is so hard to wait..................

ha-ha-ha-youre-so-funny-thumb.jpg

[QUOTE="AshleyWilliam, post: 2884339, member: 14907[/QUOTE]

Lot of effort to say f-all really............

hi guys im back... ive noticed that things on the next gen version has gone completely silent. i dont know whats going on and i dont wanna buy a ps3 for one game only because dbc 14 is the only game i wana play on ps3/360. please help .this is what it feels like waiting

You can't go silent on something that was never announced...

...except when fiction seemingly implied it.

In any case, I suspect at this point that DBC15 (or whatever the next iteration is) will be PS4 (and minor console) game, with the PC potentially cut or severely delayed in release.

You can't go silent on something that was never announced...

...except when fiction seemingly implied it.

In any case, I suspect at this point that DBC15 (or whatever the next iteration is) will be PS4 (and minor console) game, with the PC potentially cut or severely delayed in release.

It's definitely looking like the next few months will see most people moving upwards to PS4/XB1 that haven't already. Prices coming down and pretty steadily increasing software domination on the upper tier consoles.

A later release on PC is fast becoming industry standard, but if the DRM stuff has worked on DBC14 then I don't see any real reason it shouldn't be released at the same time/price TBH. I imagine that it has proved very useful to have PC players testing interim patches before pushing it out on console.

I am not liking bowling to AI because I am giving it thought like in real cricket. I bowl outswinger from wider of the crease, and the batsmen easily block it out. Outswinger after few inswingers rarely fool the AI.

Bouncer at 158 kph after a full ball is pulled in front of square, and the next full ball batsmen has no problem coming on the front foot to drive it. Slower ball do seem to work but they rarely get the wicket.

Short leg is useless most of the time(though I did get one out to them). Most of the few outside edges I have got, have been actually through the inswingers. Outswingers are generally useless.

These tricks work on human opponents, not on AI though. And thats why I don't like bowling in Test matches.

I think until AI batsmen have specific batting weaknesses bowling is always going to feel like a bit of chore. It feels like you are trying to get the same guy out 10 times over. If an AI player was set to aggressively take on the short ball and therefore lofted it rather than played it on the ground then you could make a plan. Hey, he might get 6...or he might be caught kind thing.

It's also partly the nature of the sport. Cricket is a grind. It's repetitive and it takes a helluva long time to play out and depends on a ton of tiny little events happening to make up the experience. In career mode you can knock it around and not make a huge score after putting in 45 minutes. That's 3 games of FIFA or something.

We all want the game to be competitive and in theory it sounds great the AI making 400 but no matter how you butter it...it's going to be a grind. It's going to take hours and hours for that to play out in a realistic manner. This debate has been going on since before the game even released.

At this moment I guess the best "experience" is online where you come up against human players who have their own unique tactics.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the mechanics of this game. Without a doubt the best implementation of cricket in a game ever. Was especially awesome to get out on 99 the other night. I almost did a Matt Prior bat through the window.

I think until AI batsmen have specific batting weaknesses bowling is always going to feel like a bit of chore. It feels like you are trying to get the same guy out 10 times over. If an AI player was set to aggressively take on the short ball and therefore lofted it rather than played it on the ground then you could make a plan. Hey, he might get 6...or he might be caught kind thing.

It's also partly the nature of the sport. Cricket is a grind. It's repetitive and it takes a helluva long time to play out and depends on a ton of tiny little events happening to make up the experience. In career mode you can knock it around and not make a huge score after putting in 45 minutes. That's 3 games of FIFA or something.

We all want the game to be competitive and in theory it sounds great the AI making 400 but no matter how you butter it...it's going to be a grind. It's going to take hours and hours for that to play out in a realistic manner. This debate has been going on since before the game even released.

At this moment I guess the best "experience" is online where you come up against human players who have their own unique tactics.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the mechanics of this game. Without a doubt the best implementation of cricket in a game ever. Was especially awesome to get out on 99 the other night. I almost did a Matt Prior bat through the window.
I got the game on the 4th of April and for a long time thought that career mode was the best mode, but in all honesty, since I started batting for both teams I have started playing the game non stop. It is brilliant to chase your own scores and build an innings. I cannot see myself ever bowling, because as mentioned it is terribly repetitive.

since I started batting for both teams I have started playing the game non stop. It is brilliant to chase your own scores and build an innings.
Yep, been playing cricket games this way since Ashes Cricket 2009. Very enjoyable :)

Yeah so I tried a little experiment, which I know many have confirmed to not work. Test Series between SA and NZ (on Pro) and reduced all the bowlers' batting stats to 0, along with anticipation to minimum as well. I switched up the batting lineup of NZ and made Southee (not even sure if he plays tests but oh well) an opener.

Needless to say I was disappointed in the result, ensue rant:

One would think that a batsman with rating of NOTHING for front foot and backfoot, off-side and on-side would have a problem smashing a 156kph full length out-swinger by Dale Steyn off the backfoot over mid off for 6....you would expect a person with such a poor disposition to batting to have the hand-eye coordination of a toddler and NOT be on 70 fracking runs not out off 110 balls.

The AI in this game is effing jacked....what the hell is the point of "skill ratings" if none of them have any effect whatsoever? The more I play this game the more it seems like its smothered in stupid gimmicks and stats that make no actual difference to the game.

I really REALLY want to know what the stats are for....like, really. Is it linked to anything? Is it merely cosmetic to make the game seem as though it has depth? Im not even talking about the elusive "AI never edges the ball" fiasco, but Im honestly curious as to how changing a rating from 100 to 0 can possibly have zero effect in game. Im no mathmatician, but there's a big flipping difference.

Please BigAnt, with sugar on top, fix up this mess so that I start feeling better on spending $50 on a game where Im constantly facing a team full of Tendulkars.

Last edited:
Perhaps there can be a box that you tick to let the game know that the person batting next is a tail ender that doesn't know what way to hold the bat. Call it "rabbit" or "Australian" or something...

Yeah so I tried a little experiment, which I know many have confirmed to not work. Test Series between SA and NZ (on Pro) and reduced all the bowlers' batting stats to 0, along with anticipation to minimum as well. I switched up the batting lineup of NZ and made Southee (not even sure if he plays tests but oh well) an opener.

Needless to say I was disappointed in the result, ensue rant:

One would think that a batsman with rating of NOTHING for front foot and backfoot, off-side and on-side would have a problem smashing a 156kph full length out-swinger by Dale Steyn off the backfoot over mid off for 6....you would expect a person with such a poor disposition to batting to have the hand-eye coordination of a toddler and NOT be on 70 fracking runs not out off 110 balls.

The AI in this game is effing jacked....what the hell is the point of "skill ratings" if none of them have any effect whatsoever? The more I play this game the more it seems like its smothered in stupid gimmicks and stats that make no actual difference to the game.

I really REALLY want to know what the stats are for....like, really. Is it linked to anything? Is it merely cosmetic to make the game seem as though it has depth? Im not even talking about the elusive "AI never edges the ball" fiasco, but Im honestly curious as to how changing a rating from 100 to 0 can possibly have zero effect in game. Im no mathmatician, but there's a big flipping difference.

Please BigAnt, with sugar on top, fix up this mess so that I start feeling better on spending $50 on a game where Im constantly facing a team full of Tendulkars.

I haven't done this kind of experiment myself, but if what you are stating is true, then I see a big problem with the Offline Side of the game. If the "SKILL RATINGS" & "ATTRIBUTES" indeed makes "ZERO" Impact on the players playing ability, then all those efforts we make on career and other offline mode will be meaningless...
But, I would request you to play few more matches and then come to the conclusion and nor merely based on One Inning. I will also appreciate if you can upload the full score card of these matches, where players with "ZERO" Skill points & "HALF ATTRIBUTES POINTS" are playing like Tendulkar.

Users who are viewing this thread