Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Have got to come clean and just say that this game irritates and annoys me more than giving me enjoyment or fun. I have battled manfully but the game has beaten me. I have sold my DB14. I did try to like it.....honestly, but enough is enough. Needless to say I hope all of you boys and girls who play the game continue to do so....and glean enjoyment and fun by doing so. I will still avidly read your posts regarding DB14.

Finally, I came to a conclusion that there is no point playing this idiotic game anymore. This is one of my worst experiences in my life. I know people like Casanova, Ross and many other will come back to me strong on my comment.

The game was very enjoyable before the patch 2.5. The work u havev done on patch 2.5 is nothing but *****. I am the one who organized many online leagues. But now it is nothing but frustration i get after playing each game. What u have done in the recent patch is doing favour for batting. But what did u do to bowling and fielding is nothing but shit. How could u make fielder not to throw the ball at the stumps or to the keeper/bowler when the batsmen is short from the crease. Or making it so easy to the batsmen so that all the efforts made by the bowler go in vain. I know i will get an obvious answer, "every game will not fit for everyone". Trust me guys, what u worked is nothing but injustice to cricket. U are making all the efforts only to make batting so easy. If that is rite, what is the meaning of game balance. I know @Ross, U r very capable of answering all my questions. But think for urself as a common player or a captain of a team. When a fielder misses his throws 9/10 times what will u do. I am not asking it to be a direct hit all the time. Because that is what it was brfore the first patch. That is not cricket either.

i am getting frustrated after each and every game that all my efforts go in vain. Atleast tweak it in a way that fielders throw it to the keeper/bowler directly and the bowler/keeper reacts imediately after receiving the ball. I have already given a big comment regarding the fielding errors in this game but nobody even cared abt it. Try to think as a common cricketer. U will get the answers urself.

I am not gonna care abt the replies for this comment if they are negative. But if it is positive I am happy abt it

But I bet you don't accept the game you've been working on (and continue to support) for the last 2/3 years to be called 'Idiotic'.

@francisjery I think you need to calm down and stop over reacting. I guarantee you'll be back playing the game next week or maybe even tomorrow :p

When a fielder misses his throws 9/10 times what will u do. I am not asking it to be a direct hit all the time. Because that is what it was brfore the first patch. That is not cricket either.

you know the game always incites extreme emotions because it can, something an idiotic game cant.

Batting easy? what level are you playing in and what mode online or casual.

i find fielders hit 7-8 times bulls eye this is in offline with field assists on legend though getting the AI runout is pretty rare as they are conservative... are you using manual fielding or assisted one.

Also regarding batting its much more realistic now, i dont think anything has been made easier, only the ground shots were fixed for better trajectories, doesnt make the game any easier or harder in terms of challenge and gameplay.

Im sure BA will be looking into fielding and AI come patch 3.

He is talking about the usual culprit , where most of the stuff that can go wrong goes wrong. (Online)

When there is slight lag , getting the timing right for direct hits is near impossible .

Although I fully understand where he is going with this , it`s maybe a little bit over the top.

Bowling has been toned down just a tad too much from my own experience in the game , I for example played a 50 Over League match online a couple of hours ago

where my last wicket pair put on a 110 run undefeated stand to take us to 425/9 in 50 Overs . Number 11 made 76* ......

from my limited online experience i find it pretty good n fun when it plays smooth without lag, and yes even with a bit of lag the infielders behave unresponsive, but its not unplayable like op is saying, also having difficulty levels to play among friends in online would help. So you can play at higher difficulties which should help have more challenging matches for those who want.

A very tight no ball call (it was given as a no ball) although as you can see the heel is just on the line.

jWxf1Vd.png

This is one of my worst experiences in my life.

I dunno; the day my grandad died was pretty shitty; as was dealing with a friend who'd just come out of a very tweaked up relationship and was in a pretty bad place. The independence referendum night in September was also not very good, even though it was nice to see so many people interested in important matters of state. Hell; the day that Tony Benn died was pretty awful as well, especially since he's one of my big inspirations.

What I'm saying is that if a bloody cricket video game is the cause of one of the "worst experiences" in your life, then something is up with your life. Go and explore the world. You'll face hard times but also meet some of the best people in the world. A sports video game shouldn't be a life affecting experience; it should be something that you play to relax and have a little fun. I remember when SimCity came out last year and it turned out to both have broken always-on DRM and be a very bad game as well. It was annoying that the latest version of something that I'd spent hundreds of hours with as a kid was simply awful; but it didn't dramatically affect my life since I have a lot of things to live for without letting a silly city building video game get me down.

Users who are viewing this thread