Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I'm guessing that the batsman played a shot? If so, its not out since the laws clearly state that if a batsman is hit outside the line of off stump while attempting a shot, they cannot be given out LBW even if the ball was hitting the stumps.

Additionally, the impact on the stumps is "umpires call"; so the decision wouldn't be overturned anyway since less than half the ball is in contact with the stumps. This is a thing that's in the RL DRS and thus is perfectly realistic, if a little gutting when it happens in game.
AI player goes to play the ball but he missed it.

:thumbs
It was 'umpires call' on hitting the wicket. Which means it sticks with the umpires call of Not Out.

Plus the fact the impact was outside off (and I assume he was playing a shot), means it is also not out (this doesn't even relate to DRS, it is simply a law of the game)

Do you understand the LBW law?
yes now i understand the law. happy to know all about a real game lbw law clarification. Thanks to all.:thumbs:thumbs[DOUBLEPOST=1414067922][/DOUBLEPOST]
It was 'umpires call' on hitting the wicket. Which means it sticks with the umpires call of Not Out.

Plus the fact the impact was outside off (and I assume he was playing a shot), means it is also not out (this doesn't even relate to DRS, it is simply a law of the game)

Do you understand the LBW law?
yes now i understand the law. happy to know all about a real game lbw law clarification. Thanks to all.

The first bit isn't a DRS thing; the LBW rule has been that way since before my Dad was born

Remember, the Indians do not use the review system in their country.

But We do get advantage of DRS when sachin Was given out by the onfield umpire and overturned by 3rd Umpire in Semifinal against pak in WC11.

Hey, big ant this is very disappointing to see this on my own bowling spell.View attachment 132267
in my spell a lbw umpair give not out then a reviewed this but also 3rd umpair gave not out and unsuccessful review :facepalm. This is very frustrating because review showed it's hitting the stump and it's showing not out, very strang :eek:. you guys tell me is this a out or not out ? :mad

I guess this is the right thread for this because it's not a bug?

But We do get advantage of DRS when sachin Was given out by the onfield umpire and overturned by 3rd Umpire in Semifinal against pak in WC11.
yes, your point is also good for this lbw. If sachin was given out by field umpire then why 3rd umpire overturned it ?

yes, your point is also good for this lbw. If sachin was given out by field umpire then why 3rd umpire overturned it ?
Dude, you seriously need to read the rules of DRS.

i understand it yesterday with a big discussion which was discussed yesterday.

Mmhm. Go to the credits and you can see the version number there.
Version 1.03...?

Some other 'bugs' I've noticed:
- When one positions the batsman at the crease pre-delivery / as the bowlers runs in, the batsman tends to automatically move back to his starting position.
- Broached this, but singles to mid-wicket or cover are near suicidal in Pro difficulty because of the robotic perfection with which the CPU hits the stumps.
- Mentioned this, too, but if you dive to make your ground and only the bat passes over the crease, the batsman stands immediately thereafter and removes his bat from safety (if he's not positioned over the crease himself) and then just stands outside the crease or meanders back over it. This often results in asinine run-out scenarios. This happens frequently and when in concert with the 'lofted straight drives' issue and infallible fielding in Pro, running singles is almost null and void.

Version 1.03...?

seh6ph.jpg

Any reason why you've missed the last 10 updates?

User was infracted for asking for help with a pirated copy. Please buy the game! -IceAgeComing
Any reason why you've missed the last 10 updates?
Simply didn't bother updating. Now at version 1.07 and straight drives along the ground still seem to either be impossible to do or require such strict timing that it would be more realistic if one were using a stick against a golf ball, à la Bradman himself!

A straight drive along the ground is a fundamental cricketing shot players learn in grade school -- why is it so hard in this game?? What stick directions and buttons need to be used in order to accomplish this seemingly most arcane of cricketing shots? :noway

Simply didn't bother updating. Now at version 1.07 and straight drives along the ground still seem to either be impossible to do or require such strict timing that it would be more realistic if one were using a stick against a golf ball, à la Bradman himself!

A straight drive along the ground is a fundamental cricketing shot players learn in grade school -- why is it so hard in this game?? What stick directions and buttons need to be used in order to accomplish this seemingly most arcane of cricketing shots? :noway

What's so hard about buying the game?

Piss off dickhead. Stop wasting our time.

Users who are viewing this thread