Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

@SnowyCasanova is right. I have also been playing for months and I can confirm that an increase in difficulty level enables the requirement of playing shots with correct footwork and timing. Hence, it makes batting much harder. I personally enjoy batting on Veteran, but occasionally scale it down to Pro for T20 matches.
Okay. So, if indeed Pro and above yields full shot control, how does one play a straight drive into the ground?!

What version of the game are you running?
Where / how do I check this? Have patches rectified this game-breaking bug?

FWIW Sony's FaceBook client is still down.

Amazing thing happened to me. Coulter-Nile bowling to me (Ajmal), he bowls short, I back away and try to hit it through backward-point, ball gets hammered straight to Finch at second slip which he drops. Clarke comes in from 1st slip to dive and take a one-hander off Finch's rebound.

Okay. So, if indeed Pro and above yields full shot control, how does one play a straight drive into the ground?!

Well, my straight drives go along the ground when I play them on the front-foot and time them well. However, they do tend to go uppish when played on Veteran or Legend difficulty. Check your version and tell us.

Hey, big ant this is very disappointing to see this on my own bowling spell.2014-10-23_00002.jpg
in my spell a lbw umpair give not out then a reviewed this but also 3rd umpair gave not out and unsuccessful review :facepalm. This is very frustrating because review showed it's hitting the stump and it's showing not out, very strang :eek:. you guys tell me is this a out or not out ? :mad

Shows impact of Outside Off... which is automatically not out.

Edit: I'd be worried if it showed as impact of "In Line" and was still not out.

Hey, big ant this is very disappointing to see this on my own bowling spell.View attachment 132267
in my spell a lbw umpair give not out then a reviewed this but also 3rd umpair gave not out and unsuccessful review :facepalm. This is very frustrating because review showed it's hitting the stump and it's showing not out, very strang :eek:. you guys tell me is this a out or not out ? :mad

I'm guessing that the batsman played a shot? If so, its not out since the laws clearly state that if a batsman is hit outside the line of off stump while attempting a shot, they cannot be given out LBW even if the ball was hitting the stumps.

Additionally, the impact on the stumps is "umpires call"; so the decision wouldn't be overturned anyway since less than half the ball is in contact with the stumps. This is a thing that's in the RL DRS and thus is perfectly realistic, if a little gutting when it happens in game.

I don't know how you can still get the rule THAT wrong given how long DRS has been in place in real cricket...

It is however nice to get a wicket off a similarly not out LBW in a match which doesn't have DRS.

Shows impact of Outside Off... which is automatically not out.

Edit: I'd be worried if it showed as impact of "In Line" and was still not out.
impact is out side but it's hitting the wicket.

impact is out side but it's hitting the wicket.

It was 'umpires call' on hitting the wicket. Which means it sticks with the umpires call of Not Out.

Plus the fact the impact was outside off (and I assume he was playing a shot), means it is also not out (this doesn't even relate to DRS, it is simply a law of the game)

Do you understand the LBW law?

Users who are viewing this thread