Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Sony have made some changes to their systems that have taken the Academy offline for PS3. Online matches are still working for PS3.

We will update this post when we know more from Sony.

The Academy and online play are working for PC and Xbox 360.

Posted by Ross in facebook.

P.S: He also added that the patch 3 is going to be MASSIVE!! And that they are developing it..

Is anyone else having issues with academy?

I tried replacing teams on PS3 and the option was non-selectable/grayed out. Looks like DBC Academy & "Replace All Teams" is not working on PS3. Other aspects of the game seem to be fine as my scores are still being posed on leaderboards.

How do you play a forward drive along the ground?

Aside from forward defensive blocks (RT), the ball never seems to be played into the ground. This makes for an inordinate amount of caught-and-bowled opportunities and the ensuing, immersion destroying, dropped dolly catches by the oftentimes mannequin-acting bowler.

You may not been aware of this, but on Pro or higher, you have complete control of the shots you play. Anything lower, and there are automatic assists.

There is no 'happened to' about it when you have complete control of the input.
Where is there confirmation of this?

This is kind of an important statement, because it pretty much renders anything but Pro (or above) 'training mode(s)'...

How do you play a forward drive along the ground?
Where is there confirmation of this? This is kind of an important statement, because it pretty much renders anything but Pro (or above) 'training mode(s)'...

From months of playing the game?

@SnowyCasanova is right. I have also been playing for months and I can confirm that an increase in difficulty level enables the requirement of playing shots with correct footwork and timing. Hence, it makes batting much harder. I personally enjoy batting on Veteran, but occasionally scale it down to Pro for T20 matches.

The PS3 Academy issue is to do with a security issue related to last week's widely reported SSL POODLE attacks - we are working on it with Sony.

Hey Matt...I had bought the orginal game and done the verification steps two weeks before to join the don bradman 14 downloads forum. When I checked now at my join user option, it is up for request again which means i have not been added or my request was turned down.

Hey Matt...I had bought the orginal game and done the verification steps two weeks before to join the don bradman 14 downloads forum. When I checked now at my join user option, it is up for request again which means i have not been added or my request was turned down.
As I tried to explain on your profile, you appear to have put through that verification on another account, which was approved.

Will we see this in BARS in update 3 ?

Attachments

• IMG_20141022_182624.jpg
    IMG_20141022_182624.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 58

Users who are viewing this thread