Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

he's so good at front foot shots that its his weakness, because he doesn't play off the back foot at all

Just posting because the devs seem to frequent here that I'm thoroughly enjoying the PS4 version of Don Bradman Cricket!

I must admit I'm a relative newcomer to cricket, having only followed the sport for a couple of years. Many reviews seem to note the difficulty of getting into the game for newcomers, but I had no such issues despite never playing a cricket game before. This game and the current World Cup has also converted an American friend to the sport - the impossible has been achieved!

Hey Please anyone tell me how to see strongest and weakest skill.

I love this game. Rediscovering online with @MattW has been so much fun, although there's still some annoying bugs with No Balls not being called and nicks behind not being given out. It's one half-decent patch away from being perfect, fingers crossed numero three is the sweet spot to put the final polish on the game.

...as an aside, @BigAntStudios is there any plans to give us a few more shirt-design options, maybe? Just patterns would be great, I sadly don't have the time to mod the PC version these days and won't bother unless we're getting some easier support, mod managers and the like.

But shit, we've been having some fun online.

....and by fun I mean destroying Matt.

Co-sign the above.

As much as I enjoy making kit mods, we just really need a solution to add more slots for everything.

...just even in terms of installing them, just seems to be too many steps. Needs a batch-updater or something of that ilk (not 'puter-savvy) and/or some kinda manager so you switch between kits if we don't have more slots to play with.

...just even in terms of installing them, just seems to be too many steps. Needs a batch-updater or something of that ilk (not 'puter-savvy) and/or some kinda manager so you switch between kits if we don't have more slots to play with.
The other problem being if you're playing online, you don't know if the other user has the same kit set up as you, so your team might look totally wrong.

I'd think the solution is unique ids for teams that we can standardise on - something like 'ipl-kxi' for the King's XI, or 'cg-aus' for the current Australian team. Add a field to the teams in the academy, and then we can name folders that, chuck in template images and an xml file or something for the colours and the assignments to different formats (ideally having home and away factored in as well) - essentially making it unlimited slots, with the game just overriding the academy selections with the ones it picks up via the unique ID - with the teams still able to be shared with close enough default kits from the base templates for those who haven't modified their game.

Would also take that stuff out of the academy, so you would be able to keep your career up to date easily.

The same idea could be expanded out for stadiums - ideally being able to also determine if something is a T20 in the Australian Career mode, and then putting in the right ad boards, stumps, etc.

Then, hopefully find a way to chuck those folders on a USB stick that the console versions can see.

Yeah, I imagine my team looks totally bizarre to you, if you've modded any of the kit selections I've made. Maybe there's a way to enforce default-kits only when playing online? Or just override any local mods you've made when playing an online opponent?

running this off an external drive on a bootcamp mac with small windows partition - to save space, is there a way I can get the files that go into the documents\my games\don bradman cricket 14\ on the c drive to go on the external drive too?

Users who are viewing this thread