Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Had a really long play on this today, batting and just loved it. Having had a bit of a thrash in tabletop cricket yesterday got the crash bang wallop out of my system and played "properly"... Currently 214/6 off 51 overs in a custom test-style format. (Put some pics in the match/tour/competition thread if anyone's interested.)

Loved. Every. Minute.

Today's match was perfect example of human vs AI in the game...when humans bat, they score 408 playing aggressively and expecting AI to play competitively but they are easily bowled out for 151...;)

Does anyone else feel that some of the aerial shots could do with being a touch flatter? (The flat-bat shots specifically), which would bring the fielders into play a bit more. From a batting perspective it would give a feeling of taking the field on as opposed to just smashing the ball into orbit.

Does anyone else feel that some of the aerial shots could do with being a touch flatter? (The flat-bat shots specifically), which would bring the fielders into play a bit more. From a batting perspective it would give a feeling of taking the field on as opposed to just smashing the ball into orbit.

having been caught at cover point after creaming an aggressive square cut yesterday, i'd say nope :)

i just logged in to the game after 20 days, was there an update ? what are the updates done? any release notes? :P

Anyone noticed a significant mark up between Pro and Veteran difficulty? (I realise that is the intention, however it seems like a bigger leap that Amateur to Pro). I'm running the ps4 version, and did two test matches - Identical teams (England v South Africa) and after 30 overs on Pro I were 239/4, where as in Veteran I'm currently struggling along at 123/4. I've noticed though during the course of the latter test my batting decisions have improved and I'm now choosing which balls to play off/defend and leave. Alistair Cook (Yes you have heard correctly) is currently top scoring with 57* off 117 balls. With any luck I'm able to read 250/300 all out.

Last edited:
Bowling to AI in this game is a real hard slog!!!

Bowling with a very good pace attack to a fairly poor side... Had them 220-ish for 2 off almost 70 overs (both wickets to a part time spinner!) when an issue with my game capture software caused the game to crash - my last save had been after 8 overs!!!

Now redoing it got them 130-odd for 1 off 30 overs - at least the wicket went to a fast bowler!!

Bowling to AI in this game is a real hard slog!!!

Bowling with a very good pace attack to a fairly poor side... Had them 220-ish for 2 off almost 70 overs (both wickets to a part time spinner!) when an issue with my game capture software caused the game to crash - my last save had been after 8 overs!!!

Now redoing it got them 130-odd for 1 off 30 overs - at least the wicket went to a fast bowler!!

To be fair it seems more life like for it - I remember the Ashes 2009/Ic 2010 games as being really easy to bowl people out, the spin bowling mechanic ruined that game for me. I've just been bowling to South Africa 26/0 off 7 overs and I actually feel rewarded for a maiden over. It's frustrating when seeing my star bowler get tonked for a six but at the same time, finally trapping or catching a fine edge makes the toil worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread