Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

If you can just about afford food you dont have a pc and shouldnt be worried about gaming
Actually people here are crazy those who can just afford food still save like hacks to buy a PC for gaming (pirate gaming though) and I think its just stupid instead they should get involved in more affordable hobbies.

Woah! Mind fcuk.

I should have skipped these 10 pages.

----

I would like to add something about "not being able to afford a game thus we don't buy it and pirate it."

I confess, i was a pirate too before the DBC 14 released. Its not about i can't afford games as i too dependent on my parents for everything. Its about our own mentality to not buy a thing which we can get it for free. There is always a way to it if you want to. Like i waited for 1 or 2 months for this game and saved enough money to buy a genuine awesome cricket game for which we waited for 7 years. Afterwards i haven't pirated a single game till now ( almost a year). I wanted to buy the Table top cricket too but Ross gifted the steam codes to us admins (DBC Facebook group). As i said there is always a way if you want to. I waited for Amazon sales and thus got another game PES 15 for as cheap as Rs. 200. I have been lucky too, Madman gifted me 3 games, @zaff4444 gifted me a game too and one of my DBC friend gifted me Xbox 360 controller :p.

My next game would be GTA V & Sniper Elite 3. I am saving for it and not downloading it from torrents just because saving money and then buying will take couple of months.

Pirates can't feel the happiness which i felt after waiting for couple of months and then buying a genuine version.

I lived in my parents house but never went out to steal: I worked what I could and bought what I could afford and the rest...I didnt have.....

No - That's not my point. I was just saying that the PC they have access to isn't necessarily one they paid for. That argument doesn't always work.
I bought plenty of £10 games for my Dad's £1000 pc. But I didn't buy the PC. That logic doesn't carry.

FWI Far Cry 4 is the best game in the world IMO so think about that over Sniper Elite[DOUBLEPOST=1437761253][/DOUBLEPOST]
No - That's not my point. I was just saying that the PC they have access to isn't necessarily one they paid for. That argument doesn't always work.
I bought plenty of £10 games for my Dad's £1000 pc. But I didn't buy the PC. That logic doesn't carry.

Agreed. My ps4 was paid half half by me and my parents and every game since then has been my own money except DBC which was stolen pirated a birthday present...

FWI Far Cry 4 is the best game in the world IMO so think about that over Sniper Elite[DOUBLEPOST=1437761253][/DOUBLEPOST]

Agreed. My ps4 was paid half half by me and my parents and every game since then has been my own money except DBC which was stolen pirated a birthday present...
I know. But some of my friends play sniper elite and they want me to join in.

I forgot to add the "Birthday gift". I get to change my mobile phone on every birthday :p.

It would take 2-4 years of more studies when i be able to own everything on my own.

Which again does not mean you therefore have to steal it: thereis another option: go without until you can.

Ad nauseum......we will continue to fight this on this site until people either fuvk off or do the right thing.....read the sig.

Read my original reply then :_: I NEVER supported piracy or provided excuses for it, didn't (hopefully) strawman any argument in favour of it.

Anyways "go without,until you can (pirate)" :D jk, wait! never go full pirate

I agree with this in the main, BUT I would add a note that often, if it is a young person, they are noramlly playing on their parent's computer. So the hardware has been paid for by someone else (I did the same thing when I were a lad).

...and I was absolutely in the same boat and played A LOT of freeware, shareware and demo games because I couldn't afford the full versions. Never stole, used to hire consoles for long weekends because I couldn't afford to buy one. To this day I still hire games because I can't justify purchasing some of the ones I would like to.

It's about perspective, if it's something you really want, it's not hard to get legally. A year in and the game has never been cheaper or easier to get legally AND it's a better game today because of this community to boot. If you're stealing the game, you're essentially stealing from the community you're a part of here because so many of us now are involved in tiny changes, staff are now part of the development team!

Any pirated copies floating around are inferior by a long way, in part because of PlanetCricket so you're missing out.

Edit:

I used to play the same three levels of Prince of Persia over and over and over until I knew them by muscle memory. When I got to Uni and bought my first Apple Power Mac and had the whole game bundled in for free I didn't leave my basement bedroom for about 2 weeks. It was about four years between being 16 and finally owning the game in my 20s!

Last edited:
<snip>
My next game would be GTA V & Sniper Elite 3. I am saving for it and not downloading it from torrents just because saving money and then buying will take couple of months.

Pirates can't feel the happiness which i felt after waiting for couple of months and then buying a genuine version.

I have never enjoyed games more than when I was growing up and my supply was restricted by having to save up for them, as with @Biggs above I played the absolute crap out of all of them that I had.

Having access to "all the games" has devalued them, one of my favourite sayings is quite apt "if you feast every day, you never feast".

On a diff tangent...I've stated this before and try to live with it but it still annoys me no end.

1. Batting on Legend
2. the majority of fast bowling is bowled around the wicket (either the LH staying over the wicket, or RH bowling around)
3. I'd say 80% of the time I play ANY shot to the off side = a nick to the WK or fielder.
4. Its like thats the only strategy they have...bowl around the wicket, hope for a shot to the off side then guaranteed wicket.
5. Multiple times in an over a bowler will change over to around to over to around.

I'm really hoping this gets looked at. Most fast bowlers bowl their stock delivery over the wicket not around, esp RH to RH or LH to LH. Its only when the batsman is set do they try alternatives.

Having access to "all the games" has devalued them

I'd say movies are in the same basket as well. The cinema "experience" has been devalued to the lowest common denominator because everyone has them on their iPhones. The cinemas that retain high quality seating, no-talk/text/phone policies and a decent, fair priced selection of food are the ones profiting today. I'll got a boutique 3 screen cinema over a 10 screen megapalooza any day of the week. Games, in much the same way, are treated as a right, rather than a privilege. My best memory gaming was playing EA Cricket 95 at a mates place over and over and over again, setting up our own tournaments and competitions, it was the only cricket game I got near and it wasn't my own. Only one I ever owned as a kid was Alan Border Cricket, rest I played at friends places or hired and played non-stop for days on end.

Ashes 09 was the first game I purchased for myself, Cricket 2007 I got given a copy for a birthday... and I own all the Assassin Creed games for PC and PS3, rest of my gaming is pretty much rentals or borrowed from friends. I like that the few games I play all have personal stories connected to em, I love busting out the original Prince of Persia on my iPhone because it's intricately connected with my childhood and comes with a story. There's absolutely no story or emotion or excitement connected to stealing games via torrents. None. It's binge-eating jelly donuts and vomiting.

...stoked that even as I age like a nice Devils Staircase Red, I have my favorite cricket game memory around Don Bradman Cricket. There was nothing more exciting than seeing that sitting on the shelf down at EB Games and grabbing it the minute it was out and seeing my ugly mug, a stupid comedy-bat I made for a gag on PlanetCricket and having Blocker give me out for 3 runs in my first crack at the game. You simply don't get any of that emotion by stealing.

I actually preferred Far Cry 3, but Far Cry 4 was also very good.

Your parents are nice to split a PS4 with you!

I actually preferred Far Cry 3, but Far Cry 4 was also very good.

Your parents are nice to split a PS4 with you!

Never played Far Cry 3 and yea but that was after I gave them the money after selling my ps3 so probably wasnt 50/50 but yea its a great day to be alive. If only they forked out money to get a good gaming pc...

Very interesting development on the Rugby front yesterday: Tru Blu announced their Rugby Union game: Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd

What I found MOST interesting was that it includes a "FanHub", which is basically the DBC Academy/RLL FanHub. So it looks like there's at least some ideas sharing, but potentially some tech-sharing going on between Tru Blu's developers...

I think this bodes well - the more of this the better games we're going to get.

Very interesting development on the Rugby front yesterday: Tru Blu announced their Rugby Union game: Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd

What I found MOST interesting was that it includes a "FanHub", which is basically the DBC Academy/RLL FanHub. So it looks like there's at least some ideas sharing, but potentially some tech-sharing going on between Tru Blu's developers...

I think this bodes well - the more of this the better games we're going to get.

very interesting. especially they have career mode and - as i have been saying someone should for a while - sevens mode. with the olympics featuring the sevens, & next but 1 olympics in japan this should hopefully make rugby games more profitable.

pity though that wicked witch have such a dire track record.

Users who are viewing this thread