Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Never really had a problem with the price of the game.

If you like football buy fifa get plenty of use out it same with cricket Bradman.

I suppose if you’re not a cricket fan and bought the game then you could have a dig at the prices but then why buy it in the first place really.

It’s amazing how many people pirate the game and then wonder why it doesn’t work properly…. lost count how many times I’ve seen it on here…. same applies to this helicopter shot it has a very short term memory.

Does anyone know why this happens when trying to upload a signature picture?

PlanetCricket -error

The contents of the uploaded image do not match the file's extension.

The "price" issue has only ever been whinged about by people who either aren't used to paying for games or younger folk that don't have a disposable income. I'm yet to read anyone in their mid 20s use the price-tag as a justification for not buying it, or stealing it.

It's just a entitlement/generational thing.

PlanetCricket -error

The contents of the uploaded image do not match the file's extension.

I guess they check the MIME type of the file as well as the file extension - it's a check to make sure people don't upload something harmful but change the file extension to .jpg or whatever

Assuming that you weren't trying to upload something harmful, my guess is their MIME Type check only matches .png/.jpg to the image/png and image/jpeg MIME types, and you've uploaded a file that's actually image/x-png or image/x-jpeg

I recently fell foul of this on something I coded myself and had to add the extra types

Happens to me all the time when I save over a .png accidentally by hitting Ctrl-S on my photoshop file and it calls itself blockersbits.png but it's actually a .psd in disguise.

The "price" issue has only ever been whinged about by people who either aren't used to paying for games or younger folk that don't have a disposable income. I'm yet to read anyone in their mid 20s use the price-tag as a justification for not buying it, or stealing it.

It's just a entitlement/generational thing.

The people pirating the games we don’t really know how old the person is.

So if they are pirating must be because of finance restraints or they just expect a free ride and that can be any age range.

You could have a scenario a customer in a shop see’s the game see’s the price – walks away….and hasn’t joined a forum to share this.

Would a reduce in cost for the PC version reduce piracy or maybe it’s just unavoidable because it’s achievable.

I’m not sure just find consoles easier for gaming.

(Its guess work here please don’t send in Nicholas Cage)

I guess they check the MIME type of the file as well as the file extension - it's a check to make sure people don't upload something harmful but change the file extension to .jpg or whatever

Assuming that you weren't trying to upload something harmful, my guess is their MIME Type check only matches .png/.jpg to the image/png and image/jpeg MIME types, and you've uploaded a file that's actually image/x-png or image/x-jpeg

I recently fell foul of this on something I coded myself and had to add the extra types

Thanks much appreciated Dave.

As far as I know it’s nothing harmful.

Just a logo, my anti-virus hasn’t picked up anything.

Will see if I can work it out.

surprised you can display so few pixels.

Thank god for Retina displays amirite?

@Dakota the PC version is already heavily discounted from the initial price. HES very infrequently 'discount' their titles on consoles, I think last I checked the one or two copies of DBC at my local EB were selling for around NZ$70 ...although a couple of pre owned ones were about $49 or something. It's a bargain on PC as far I'm concerned given the level of continued support we have received for the title.

EDIT:

If you're having trouble with an image, DM me as a .zip file and I'll take a look at it for you.

Guys. I need help. I played 10 matches in career, never entered double digit scores. I am opening batsman in pro mode. Can someone tell me controller settings? Like when to press which button while batting? Really need some help.

Read the manual.

Ok. Thank you. I have one doubt. Should we move the right stick and press the shot button at same time or can we move the right stick before pressing LT or any of the shot buttons?

Users who are viewing this thread