Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Hey guys one thing I have never quite understood is how the batting "type" (conservative, aggressive, brute etc) of your career player is determined. Is it purely attribute based or is it based on your play style or batting position? I am assuming attributes or batting position because I have never seen it changed and it kind of sucks being labelled conservative when I want my little nugget of a number six to be a big hitting brute or radical.

Batting type only affects the AI, doesn't make any difference when you're pushing the triggers.

Batting type only affects the AI, doesn't make any difference when you're pushing the triggers.

Are you sure? I swear I seem to hit bigger sixes and my miss hits carry further with aggressive, brutal, radical batsman compared to conservative types. I may well be imagining it of course. Either way I was really asking about how it is determined for your career player.

Are you sure? I swear I seem to hit bigger sixes and my miss hits carry further with aggressive, brutal, radical batsman compared to conservative types. I may well be imagining it of course. Either way I was really asking about how it is determined for your career player.

maybe because their strength attributes are higher. Batting types only relate to AI as it states in the academy where you select this option.

Yeah, Placebo effect. Has no effect when you're controlling em.

It would be good if in the next edition of DBC, if batsman types did effect your own players too. I imagine it'd be very hard to balance and get right. I suppose it'd have to be a very subtle effect to not overpower the brutes etc.

is it a test match in colors or odi played with red ball..DBC 14 should not allow this kind of messed up mix :facepalm
Yeah thats what's up: come on BA sort it out and while you are at the middle east and why I never get my boiled eggs right.....

is it a test match in colors or odi played with red ball..DBC 14 should not allow this kind of messed up mix :facepalm

Its mistake on my part while setting up the team rather than BA's. Though would certainly like to be able to change kits and stuff after career begins.

Users who are viewing this thread