Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Too quick to judge mate..Playing too long as a lefty myself and I found batting right handers in co op play difficult as the foot movement varies and the shot angles also does...Give it some time but the struggle for me makes it worth playing and accepting that challenge ..

Yup agreed, but I think playing as lefty is always a bit of more sparky and fun or shall we say different people have different opinion about it.

Hi there, I am new here. Just got DBC14 some 20 days ago, and I must say this is an awesome game. But What I do not understand is I repeatedly gets out LBW in the career mode. Playing from Derbyshire as a Wicketkeeper Batsman and Opener. Anyone have any suggestions ? As i am really fed up going lbw everytime I get on to bat!

Yup agreed, but I think playing as lefty is always a bit of more sparky and fun or shall we say different people have different opinion about it.
Actually I love playing as a left handed batsman in the game more than right...

Hi there, I am new here. Just got DBC14 some 20 days ago, and I must say this is an awesome game. But What I do not understand is I repeatedly gets out LBW in the career mode. Playing from Derbyshire as a Wicketkeeper Batsman and Opener. Anyone have any suggestions ? As i am really fed up going lbw everytime I get on to bat!

It's all about timing, I used to have this problem against spinners but then I adjusted playing full length deliveries on the onside which made a good difference.

Well, I ALWAYS get edge and the catch goes to wicket-keeper in case of spinners and to slips in case of fast bowler.

Can somebody, anybody (preferably someone who knows), please explain to me what the deal is with left arm spinners? Specifically in regard to the academy settings.

Am I right in thinking that, when editing skills for a Left Arm Finger Spinner, a regulation off spinner is the Doosra ? That the setting label in the academy is basically wrong?

Then when playing... to bowl that off spinner it's just a case of holding the stick to a up/right position?

Hope that makes more sense than trying to figure it out in the game. It's been driving me mad for ages.

Well, I ALWAYS get edge and the catch goes to wicket-keeper in case of spinners and to slips in case of fast bowler.

Yes try to play straight or on the onside. A little up or down in timing on the off side causes an edge which is a bit harsh imo. In the end people just play on the on side which makes the game a bit off balance.

Wow. I just average 29-30 through midway of my second season.

What's your strike rate ?
In PRO40- avg=29.xx, SR=108.xx, 1-100, 50- Don't remember. Highest Score-118.
In Tests- avg= 30.xx, SR=92.xx, 0-100, 50-9. I get out in 20's or 50's most of the times. Highest Score-87.
In T20- avg=35.xx, SR=I don't remember properly. Might be 130s or 150s. 100-1, 50-2 or 3. Highest Score-143.

Something very strange just happened to me while playing. I was recreating the New Zealand tour of Australia going on at the moment. I simmed the first tour game a 50 over match NZ vs Cricket Australia XI only to find out I had accidently scheduled the second tour match against the CA XI that plays in the Matador Cup not the one I had made with all the right players so I restarted the tour after I had fixed it. I again simmed the first match only to watch the exact same result occur! Every bowler bowled the same amount of overs, every batsman got out the same way on the same score as in the first match! Thought some people might find this interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread