Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Hello guys, can someone please tell me who has made the best most up to date complete current generation teams? I'm at a loss to know what ones to download...hopefully someone has made all the teams for the required format?

thanks!

Hello guys, can someone please tell me who has made the best most up to date complete current generation teams? I'm at a loss to know what ones to download...hopefully someone has made all the teams for the required format?

thanks!

You can try mine Friedlele7 They might all not be 100% right now but they will be pretty close. I am busy doing a list for @Krokenoster to identify which teams are up to date and fixing those that aren't.

You may wanna stick around for that.

Not sure if I've just got better, if it's my new format or whatever but I am enjoying the game more than ever.

Getting edges vs AI, really good ones including the ones going in gaps, flying for 4 etc. as well as wickets. Want more of course but always getting a couple per innings and on veteran too.

Having really good games, got some beautiful mods and just having FUN.

What this game gets right it absolutely nails!!!!

Not sure if I've just got better, if it's my new format or whatever but I am enjoying the game more than ever.

Getting edges vs AI, really good ones including the ones going in gaps, flying for 4 etc. as well as wickets. Want more of course but always getting a couple per innings and on veteran too.

Having really good games, got some beautiful mods and just having FUN.

What this game gets right it absolutely nails!!!!
You doing anything different Dave?

You doing anything different Dave?

Custom 4-ball formats the biggest difference.

Trying to shine the ball twice an over when I remember, and maybe mixing up deliveries more: varying crease position, varying delivery type, and varying where in the length zone it lands for each length. Also using the effort ball more - can do this as with 4 ball overs the bowlers don't tire so quickly.

NOT using any reduced skills (unless a team had already been reduced) which I now think might have been a bit of a red herring.

Can't really explain it but I'm just getting much better results, and enjoying it more than ever.

@Dutch im also convinced the key to edges is bounce & movement off back of a good length.

I always assumed full, swinging, corridor of uncertainty a la Jimmy Anderson, but silly me it's an Oz game we need to think Glenn McGrath - not so much in terms of line but length.

Hit that back of a good length - mixed with some fuller stuff certainly - with cutters and scrambled seams as well as swing, use the effort ball judiciously, keep shining and edges come. Unsurprisingly taller bowlers get better results it seems.

Had a beaut today, back of a length cutter effort ball from medium pacer edged and snaffled by keeper at full stretch.

Should be more (still only talking 2-4 per innings, not all wickets) should be different ways of getting them especially in different conditions etc. but they're there and they're great.

I'm now actually bowling with 2 slips & either gully or backward point

I'm jelly of you dave! So you're not using any modded teams now? Also how about in ODI's, do you get edges? I keep trying to rattle my mind on what the mystery behind edges is. Because we nick them fine when batting but the AI hardly nick any. Also when CPU plays CPU they get so many edges. Is there truly nothing that can be done in terms of editing gameplay?

I'm jelly of you dave! So you're not using any modded teams now? Also how about in ODI's, do you get edges? I keep trying to rattle my mind on what the mystery behind edges is. Because we nick them fine when batting but the AI hardly nick any. Also when CPU plays CPU they get so many edges. Is there truly nothing that can be done in terms of editing gameplay?

not modded in the sense of not altered per the reduced skills thread no - i'm just using the teams/players as they are based on what i've downloaded in the academy etc.

as far as i know it's not possible to edit gameplay.

even for me edges aren't as much as i'd like, but i'm beginning to get them more than i used to.

@Dutch would you believe I've bowled 50 overs in my current innings and only got 1 edge!! it might be conditions or that the team i'm bowling to are batting last day to secure the draw and defending. the one edge i got is the ball here just outside off and short of 6m.

Ww63IBh.jpg

my right handers to their right handers:
IPH09Eu.jpg

my right arm bowlers to their left handers:
o4bD0BD.jpg

which includes this bowled pearler right arm over to their left hander, scrambled seam just fuller than 6m
lYpae9Q.jpg

this is the complete pitch map - it's more scattered than usual because they've 2 left hand batters & i've 2 left arm bowlers:

tAzjgir.jpg

i've taken 5 wickets - caught cover point, 2 bowleds, 1 caught & bowled, 1 run out. had 1 edge, defensive prod dropped short & wide of 3rd slip.

Your hawk-eye looks like it needs some recalibrations if it reckons that's hitting the stumps......

Users who are viewing this thread