Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

They can bat and might connect, as a tail sometimes can, but I wouldn't expect it "regularly".

They can bat and might connect, as a tail sometimes can, but I wouldn't expect it "regularly".

As long as it's possible, that's the main thing. It'd be wrong to expect it every game, but in past games, once number 10 and 11 were in there was no chance of ever hitting a six. Even when you timed it perfectly (and you knew it was because the game told you) you'd still get caught 10m from the boundary.

I don't know how the attributes have been set up, but giving a tailender just as much power as a top order batsman, but only a fraction of the timing seems about right. They need to still have the ability, but just a lot harder to tap into. We've all seen a tailender get onto one and send it flying over the boundary, we just know it's the exception, rather than the rule.

will bowlers run on the danger area? and as a result be warned? will this lead to a wide variety of footmark locations??

Hi Ross...any comments on the question above?? Would love to hear what you have to say :D! Is this feature in the game?

This is good. In other games you could be intentionally careless or reckless with your top order because you could always score big runs with the tail. This will deter us from being careless and will make us focus more on protecting the tail just like real cricket

Did anybody see this? :D
attachment.php

Although I hope there are more skills and abilities what we see here!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    22.9 KB · Views: 244
Does the night watchman walk in if the batting team lose a wicket before 3-4 overs at the end of the day's play?

Did anybody see this? :D
attachment.php

Although I hope there are more skills and abilities what we see here!

Where did you get that from????

Also based on these skills, I wonder how the max bowling speed will be controlled! Maybe it will be dependent on the type of bowler (fast, fast medium, medium etc).....but that would be a little flawed in my opinion, as even though both Umesh Yadav and Dale Steyn are termed as fast bowlers, there is a lot difference in their max speeds! Similarly with spinners, Monty Panesar can bowl much quicker than, say, Ojha!

Last edited:
Where did you get that from????

While adding players to the team! :D

It is basically a comparison screen which compares the players we are swapping. :p So nobody played with the CA except me lol :p
Don't think if this is the full list, I may call it a primary list. The rest of the skills should matter in the gameplay I think, and don't forget, we still the have 'Abilities' option to come

Came across that skills screen while swapping players in and out of your team I guess. I feel there would be more to it than what meets the eye. They won't make a blunder here with all the attention to detail in other departments.

Edit: And as Vaibhav rightly said, its for comparison between players you'd want in your team. The rest of the minute things which only have subtle effects would not be displayed here. PS: I played with the editor too! :D

Ross and Mike have been pretty quite today!! Guess they are taking that much needed break from us :D!!!

Ross and Mike have been pretty quite today!! Guess they are taking that much needed break from us :D!!!

Remember what happend to chief :eek: na im sure they are working hard or hardly working...and im sure they deserve the break if they are having one.

Remember what happend to chief :eek: na im sure they are working hard or hardly working...and im sure they deserve the break if they are having one.

We still have Chief in the cellar. For his own safety, honestly. And we let Mike and Ross out sometimes but not today. Ross broke the rule again: dont feed the Troll. Lost his free Monday silly boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
We still have Chief in the cellar. For his own safety, honestly. And we let Mike and Ross out sometimes but not today. Ross broke the rule again: dont feed the Troll. Lost his free Monday silly boy.

You been trolling again?:yes

I've posted a few times here and there, Mike's not well (although he might claim that I'm not well either :p ).

How to add someone to ignore list???

----------

I've posted a few times here and there, Mike's not well (although he might claim that I'm not well either :p ).

Ohh!!! Take rest both of you!! Long month ahead :p!

Btw...would it be rude if I asked you if bowlers run on the danger area? and as a result be warned? and would this lead to a wide variety of footmark locations?? :spy

Users who are viewing this thread