Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Releasing the nets actually would be a good move I think as it would let people master a new and tricky batting and bowling mechanism before the game game. Of course, it's never just as simple as that so I'm not bothered if they don't.

Its too big a risk in my opinion!! To get the nets out they would need to do a lot of bug testing as they are essentially taking only a portion of the overall code that was tested, They also risk giving away a lot of information and killing the surprise factor of the new controls....the excitement levels are already high enough based on features,mechanics, animations displayed so far.... why take such a risk?

I'd be interested to see where you rank this game relative to your other games?

I'm not a rugby league fan and never played those two games, but I'm assuming you'd rank your games:

RL < AFL < RL2 < Cricket?

If so, how much better is cricket to RL2, and relative to how much you thought RL2 was better than AFL? You do seem mightily confident with this Cricket game :D

Its too big a risk in my opinion!! To get the nets out they would need to do a lot of bug testing as they are essentially taking only a portion of the overall code that was tested, They also risk giving away a lot of information and killing the surprise factor of the new controls....the excitement levels are already high enough based on features,mechanics, animations displayed so far.... why take such a risk?

Given that the other guys have got another four weeks (not this BS 12 weeks that someone keeps going on about :rolleyes... two months from first sub to shelf - this guy must think you are all stupid!)

Anyway, we're going to give less away about our game for the next four weeks than we otherwise would have.

I'm not a rugby league fan and never played those two games, but I'm assuming you'd rank your games:

If so, how much better is cricket to RL2, and relative to how much you thought RL2 was better than AFL? You do seem mightily confident with this Cricket game :D

Well its certainly better than the rugby games as it is using an updated engine!! Almost everything (Academy, dynamic weather etc) is much much better than the rugby game :)!

I think we ourselves find a way to get disappointed. Expect something like the nets without Ross even dropping a (cryptic) message. And then when it doesn't show up, :(

Given that the other guys have got another four weeks (not this BS 12 weeks that someone keeps going on about :rolleyes... two months from first sub to shelf - this guy must think you are all stupid!)

Anyway, we're going to give less away about our game for the next four weeks than we otherwise would have.

is there any option for disliking a post?

Wouldn't it be wise to say as much as you can, have them frantically try and copy you, further break their game and need to cancel?

I am more confident about this game than any we have made, and we did not have competition on the other ones - you got the order right, but I would say:

RLL << AFL < RLL2 <<<< Cricket?

Where "<" is orders of magnitude better than the previous.

----------

Wouldn't it be wise to say as much as you can, have them frantically try and copy you, further break their game and need to cancel?

It's more the marketing against it than the coding against it. They will not fix their broken game by the end of August which is the real timeframe they are working too.

----------

is there any option for disliking a post?

If nothing else, I have always been honest with you - the news is the news - I'll bring it good or bad.

Yeah, its wise to hold back things, trickstar will definitely copy things like cherry red color of ball etc. But i don't understand how they will get their shot animations right in 3 months.

I think we should leave the 'other' game out now as that has been delayed and is no longer a threat to you, nor is it coming before your game. Frankly, they are the underdogs now :)!

I have nothing more to say from hereon :cheers!

I am more confident about this game than any we have made, and we did not have competition on the other ones - you got the order right, but I would say:

RLL << AFL < RLL2 <<<< Cricket?

Where "<" is orders of magnitude better than the previous.

Cheers Ross, that's exactly what I was interested in knowing. It does make sense that the games progress as the team gets more experienced and the engine gets more sophisticated. This seems like a huge jump though which is great. I suppose the cricket game has been in development for a long time though.

----------

Yeah, its wise to hold back things, trickstar will definitely copy things like cherry red color of ball etc. But i don't understand how they will get their shot animations right in 3 months.

One month, as Ross said.

Don't worry, they have the "turn on good game" button :D

Well, this definitely rules out release in the next month. Hopefully, end of September or start of October it would be then.

Users who are viewing this thread