Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

If nothing else, I have always been honest with you - the news is the news - I'll bring it good or bad.

Somehow its getting way beyond my understanding now though!! We were all put under the impression that you would like to get your game out as soon as possible now that AC13 has been postponed officially and the Ashes series ends this month! However, looks like you have again pushed your plans further and God only knows how much further you would push it if AC13 gets delayed even further.

Frankly, though it is not exactly the same, but now the situation is surely hinting towards us cricket game lovers being treated like moronic cricket-game hungry peasants (if that even made sense).

And yes you have been honest, there is no doubt, but then its not about honesty when the actions are not backing it up. I cant say to my wife I slept with another woman but atleast I am being honest.

I am sorry if this post sounds rude to you, but I surely am not one of those who can keep what I think and feel to myself. I like to speak it out, even if its you Ross.

As I mentioned, this is now moving towards a direction where my patience levels are reaching its limit. Yes, you have not disclosed the release date (though that itself is vague enough), but then using that always to justify playing around with the hints on when we would receive the info......thats really not cool!!

You said the marketing campaign would start a month before release date, we went along with that. And now you say that we would not give much info for the next four weeks specially when the marketing campaign has already begun (or will this Friday)....well I really dont know who to trust anymore!!

I think I have put too much into this game.....its my fault!!

If there's test days during August at EB, I'm not sure how anything major about the game can stay secret for the next four weeks.

Angad, I haven't said there is a delay of game - I *have* said our plans for what we release info wise may change.

----------

If there's test days during August at EB, I'm not sure how anything major about the game can stay secret for the next four weeks.

I chose the term four weeks wisely.

What ross means is that trickstar have a month to edit their game features before game is submitted for approvals and for these next 4 weeks he will not let out any info about ba cricket to deny trickstar any chance of copying. Ba cricket will release september end or october start. We just gotta be patient for august.

Part of his point is that you can't 'delay' the game because you've never given a release date beyond 'before October' - which it'd be great if you'd repeat.

We will beat Ashes to the market - I have always said that and repeat it here - it is not my place to issue a release date when I now need approvals to do so.

But letting out the name of the game won't change things much IMO, they can't copy yuor front cover, as they do with your features... :rolleyes

The rest's all marketing strategy which you know very well, and you can wait till the other game releasing, getting blasted by the critics, and then release yours, but not many common people will fancy buying two cricket games back to back, when one's such a flop, and that'll have it's impact on your initial sales...

Angad, I haven't said there is a delay of game - I *have* said our plans for what we release info wise may change.

And whats to stop you from changing any 'other' plans as well??? Not us for sure!! We are the peasants!!

Frankly, though it is not exactly the same, but now the situation is surely hinting towards us cricket game lovers being treated like moronic cricket-game hungry peasants (if that even made sense).

And yes you have been honest, there is no doubt, but then its not about honesty when the actions are not backing it up.

My actions have backed up everything I have said - I would ask you to point to where it has not. Including my predictions of how things were going to go way back in February/March.

I have given more than anyone and you have a wealth of screenshots, video, and Cricket Academy. I repeat myself so often on this - the release date has not changed, merely the flow of information.

----------

So 79cricket should book flights for the 30th?

No, he should start hitching now :yes

We will beat Ashes to the market - I have always said that and repeat it here - it is not my place to issue a release date when I now need approvals to do so.

That's not saying much specially when we arent even sure when Ashes will actually release!

----------

My actions have backed up everything I have said -

You had said the game would release a month after the marketing campaign....didnt you??? Also that we would see loads of gameplay videos to before the release to make an 'informed' decision? Do both these statements still hold true?

That's not saying much specially when we arent even sure when Ashes will actually release!

Angad I believe you are being unfair.

I have always operated within the spirit and intent of what I say. When I say I will be out before Ashes that is before their November timeframe.

I would ask you to point out where my words have not been backed by my actions and where I have treated you or anyone else like a peasant. Clearly I am not happy with this assertion.

Angad you need to take a chill pill, Ross has been nothing but great to all of us, its not up to us to tell him when he should or shouldnt release his game, im sure if it was your money you would think things through a lot better too, give Ross a break. And i dont ever believe that Ross has given us any false information, everything he has promised so far has come to fruition, just because you cant wait another month or so for the game shouldnt change the fact that Ross has given us more information than he had to and has answered everyones questions as much as possible.

Last edited:

----------

You had said the game would release a month after the marketing campaign....didnt you??? Also that we would see loads of gameplay videos to before the release to make an 'informed' decision? Do both these statements still hold true?

What is the most important thing to you? I would have thought the release date - everything else is incidental - some things you got more of, others less - but mostly you have more from me than you could expect.

The release date has not altered and this should be uppermost in your mind.

We will beat Ashes to the market.

You said this when they had a June release date and I was happy that we would get this game by June. But then, you were sure of a delay on their part. You are again sure that they will miss their November date. Not sure what to understand!

Users who are viewing this thread