Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Angad I believe you are being unfair.

I have always operated within the spirit and intent of what I say. When I say I will be out before Ashes that is before their November timeframe.

I would ask you to point out where my words have not been backed by my actions and where I have treated you or anyone else like a peasant. Clearly I am not happy with this assertion.

We can understand you Ross, you may not be able to let out things all of a sudden as you may have the publisher who says so. Angy I think lost his temper and said those words, leave it and give us whatever info you've planned to...

He is in a rage, it will pass, Ross has clearly pointed out they are sharing less info but still releasing asap. Cool your jets guy....

That's not saying much specially when we arent even sure when Ashes will actually release!

----------

You had said the game would release a month after the marketing campaign....didnt you??? Also that we would see loads of gameplay videos to before the release to make an 'informed' decision? Do both these statements still hold true?

So would you like me to delay the marketing campaign until a month before launch?

We have scheduled two play sessions at EB in Melbourne in August - if there are not a bucket load of videos from that then I will be extremely surprised!

You do need to chill!

I would ask you to point out where my words have not been backed by my actions

You had said the game would release a month after the marketing campaign....didnt you??? Also that we would see loads of gameplay videos to before the release to make an 'informed' decision? Do both these statements still hold true?

where I have treated you or anyone else like a peasant.

You haven yet....its just hinting towards it....like I said in the para you quoted! Its hinting towards it because at one time we are told we would get loads of stuff once marketing campaign starts....then on the other we are told there will be limited stuff shown.

Then we are told that Ashes Cricket's release plans has no impact on your own......then everytime AC13 delivers something that is in your favour....your plans undergo some major changes which are for the worst for us fans.

You haven yet....its just hinting towards it....like I said in the para you quoted! Its hinting towards it because at one time we are told we would get loads of stuff once marketing campaign starts....then on the other we are told there will be limited stuff shown.

Then we are told that Ashes Cricket's release plans has no impact on your own......then everytime AC13 delivers something that is in your favour....your plans undergo some major changes which are for the worst for us fans.

Your forgetting that Ross doesnt have the final say in this, he merely does what his publisher says hence why he needed to have permission to release stuff. As Ross has pointed out already he has given us more than what we should have been expecting, you should respect that.

That's not saying much specially when we arent even sure when Ashes will actually release!

----------

Buddy, I know you are disappointed, so am I (and probably most of us here). However, I believe you are getting too emotional(and worked up?) about the entire thing. Just chill out. It's just a game in the end. It will come out when it has to.

I appreciate your support Angad, I really do, pretty upset that you think I am treating anyone like a peasant, especially yourself - that's not in my nature at all :noway

Our release date has never changed, it is not based on Ashes release.

What we show is a matter of commercial reality, again, I would say we have shown and interacted with you a lot.

I'd like to think you are disappointed and jumped the gun here as this is not the angad that I have come to know over the last months.

So would you like me to delay the marketing campaign until a month before launch?

No...If it were for me, I would have loved them to start 2-3 months ago. Just that your statements are not backing the actions in this case which is resulting in just confusing our mind (well atleast mine).

Initially you said marketing would start a month before release, then once you started your marketing campaign we all expected the game to release in a month. But the next we hear is that you would not reveal as much in next one month. All of it is just not consistent with the statements.

Anyways, people are right....its just me pissed off because of all these inconsistent signals. You have a game to release....you have a marketing department to take care of the campaigns. Wish you all the best!!

People who have been following this game since months do get emotional, it's natural. I think of the moment when i 'll be installing this game, those will be the last moments of our wait for an incredible cricket game.

Ross looking forward to placing my pre order
With amazon ps3 and pc ..
To show my support .

Will the PC version have a digital download available? Being in Switzerland it'd take a while to ship.

Actually, even better would be an xbox marketplace download!

No...If it were for me, I would have loved them to start 2-3 months ago. Just that your statements are not backing the actions in this case which is resulting in just confusing our mind (well atleast mine).

Initially you said marketing would start a month before release, then once you started your marketing campaign we all expected the game to release in a month. But the next we hear is that you would not reveal as much in next one month. All of it is just not consistent with the statements.

Anyways, people are right....its just me pissed off because of all these inconsistent signals. You have a game to release....you have a marketing department to take care of the campaigns. Wish you all the best!!

Angad, things do change, I would have given you a different answer on our marketing if I 100% knew that Ashes would be November and be in the state it is, but it is *just* marketing and not the release date.

I hope that you feel this same tirade for the other side who said their game would release in June and have shown *nothing*

----------

Will the PC version have a digital download available? Being in Switzerland it'd take a while to ship.

Actually, even better would be an xbox marketplace download!

At the moment Xbox requires a delay between disk and digital release.

----------

But that would have been futile, right in the middle of the Ashes campaign and we would have just been advertising for people to pick up the other game? Consider that advertising is done well in advance - that's why Ashes were in Catalogues this week even though the delay was known....

I hope that you feel this same tirade for the other side who said their game would release in June and have shown *nothing*

Oh you have no idea!! Its 1000000% more than this. Infact you will always see me dissing their game while supporting yours. I just dont like to talk about their game and yours in the same sentence.....thats why I dont like you keep comparing the two.....its just not in the same league w.r.t to anything, whether its the game, the thought process behind gameplay mechanics, the openness etc.

I may be a bit pissed off as I am really REALLY disappointed at the moment. I thought this was the month we would be getting a lot of stuff from you!! Anyways, just forget whatever I wrote.....I am just pretty upset. People are right....its just a game....will come out when it has to.

I may be a bit pissed off as I am really REALLY disappointed at the moment. I thought this was the month we would be getting a lot of stuff from you!! Anyways, just forget whatever I wrote.....I am just pretty upset. People are right....its just a game....will come out when it has to.

Common sense has prevailed good stuff Angad :clap

Users who are viewing this thread