Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Alright so basically most of the screenshots that we are saying is actual gameplay? I had two concerns, the first being that the actual graphics won't look as good once we play the game and secondly (this is still a concern) the fluidity of the animations. I suppose the only way for that concern to fade away would be thorugh a gameplay video but I still have my hopes up for the game! :) In any case I shall buy both, regardless of quality.

I have two more questions if you would be kind enough to answer:

1. How have you treated / incorporated swing in the game?

The EA games made the ball swing in the air but the ball would always land on the spot made by the bowler. essentially making swing just a visual thing with no gameplay ramifications.
The Brian Lara / Ashes cricket games used the moving cursor, whereby theoretically it affected gameplay but visually it basically looks like straight ball. And with the way batting is handled, it didn't really matter, coz you could hit the ball anywhere regardless of swing so again there wasn't much gameplay ramifications.
I am curious to know what approach have you taken? How have you made sure swing is an actual gameplay element within the game?

Just wondering if you have read any of the other forums about this game. If you have, then you would be aware that there is no HUD and no bowling marker. So referring to any kind of bowling cursor is irrelevant.

Additionally, the sneak peak video games from the same place at the screenshots which game from gameplay, therefore one might be presumptuous to assume that the sneak peak is actually a gameplay video.

However, given that the game has yet to have it's official launch then one would assume there is much much more to come and we are very lucky here at PC to get an exclusive sneak peak

Just wondering if you have read any of the other forums about this game. If you have, then you would be aware that there is no HUD and no bowling marker. So referring to any kind of bowling cursor is irrelevant.

Additionally, the sneak peak video games from the same place at the screenshots which game from gameplay, therefore one might be presumptuous to assume that the sneak peak is actually a gameplay video.

However, given that the game has yet to have it's official launch then one would assume there is much much more to come and we are very lucky here at PC to get an exclusive sneak peak

Admittedly I have not read up on the game or its features beyond a cursory glance. I figured I'll play the game for myself once its out and find out.

I got curious now and just figured I'll ask my questions and Ross would be kind enough to answer. :)

So if there is no bowling cursor, what is the mechanism for bowling?
And what about my concern about the batting? Would be grateful if you could direct me to a thread or answer! :)

Admittedly I have not read up on the game or its features beyond a cursory glance. I figured I'll play the game for myself once its out and find out.

I got curious now and just figured I'll ask my questions and Ross would be kind enough to answer. :)

So if there is no bowling cursor, what is the mechanism for bowling?
And what about my concern about the batting? Would be grateful if you could direct me to a thread or answer! :)

Well, now you are making me do some work and find stuff for you.. haha...

Here is the thread about controls: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/big-ant-cricket-14-forum/cricket-14-batting-bowling-controls-85024.html

That should give you an indication of how it's going to work. It's very different to how cricket games of the past would play (for the better)

Hope the alleviates some concerns :)

Granted, it doesn't give all the answers, but it shows that Big Ant have thought it through, which is more than most developers

Last edited:
Well, now you are making me do some work and find stuff for you.. haha...

Here is the thread about controls: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/big-ant-cricket-14-forum/cricket-14-batting-bowling-controls-85024.html

That should give you an indication of how it's going to work. It's very different to how cricket games of the past would play (for the better)

Hope the alleviates some concerns :)

Granted, it doesn't give all the answers, but it shows that Big Ant have thought it through, which is more than most developers

Haha, thank you for the thread!
Just read up on the controls. They definitely sound interesting If the execution and implementation is anything like it sounds, the gamplay should be fantastic! :)

Ross, give us the system requirements to play this game in its full glory. Everything turned on, at Full HD and all eye candy. :p

I can't say for now but if you run Cricket Academy well then I believe you will be able to run the game.

We are truly using our own engine which gives us a more targeted result allowing us to run well on less memory and slower processors. You can do this when you really "build an engine from scratch"...

I can't say for now but if you run Cricket Academy well then I believe you will be able to run the game.

We are truly using our own engine which gives us a more targeted result allowing us to run well on less memory and slower processors. You can do this when you really "build an engine from scratch"...

Well that sounds good. I hope I can play the game on my laptop....it's got decent config but the graphics card is the Intel onboard one :(. If I am able to play it you have got two confirmed sales here ;) (one on ps3 and one on pc)

----------

We should have that in the replay options, even C07 had free cam

It is already there....confirmed ages ago :p

ROss will updates be all through out the week just friday again?

I'll start this process as of the week commencing 5/8/2013.

Well Mike from Ashes is going to blow us all away from Monday onwards so I guess I'll probably recover by Friday and be ready to reload!
----------

Edit: Something is going wrong with my posts from my Phone.... either that or the admins are playing?

Users who are viewing this thread