Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Ross,
will you be showing us completely delivery (from bower start up to keeper receives ball from fielder) in this week video or just like the earlier one.

...wait...

...hold up...

Do we need a controller to play this game?

meanwhile, the debate continues at the officially unofficial fb page page

View attachment 112598

:facepalm

2d70029d912fee26dc07bc5e96ff1b77-500x254.gif

Those were valuable IQ points, as well.

This one is RLL2 television commercial. And as Big Ant have now got the same publishers, won't be surprised to see one for cricket too. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
This one is RLL2 television commercial. And as Big Ant have now got the same publishers, won't be surprised to see one for cricket too.
The Bradman name will probably mean any advertising, trailers, etc. will all be really subdued. I can't see something being punchy and exciting with modern music and then cutting to 'Don Bradman Cricket 14' at the end.

It's quite a limitation in that sense I think.

The Bradman name will probably mean any advertising, trailers, etc. will all be really subdued. I can't see something being punchy and exciting with modern music and then cutting to 'Don Bradman Cricket 14' at the end.

It is indeed going to be interesting to see how they find the right balance between encapturing the Bradman era and promoting the game to a modern audience...........

It is indeed going to be interesting to see how they find the right balance between encapturing the Bradman era and promoting the game to a modern audience...........
That said, you could probably look at what EA have done with some of their recent Tiger Woods 'The Masters' games - indeed you could reuse some of the copy as is:

Last edited:
If they have made bradman's shot animations perfectly they can always show videos of him vs the ingame animation...even a split screen will look cool with bradman walking out with the bat and taking guard and hitting the ball all around the park.

But that might alienate younger audiences, so gradually as the trailer goes they can show off each of the kits with time of day changing +era changing and finanlly concluding it with all the craps associated with t20...sort of like showing the evolution cricket has went through in the last 100 years.

Ross said he will give us a beautiful trailer and i have full confidence in him.

Last edited:

Speaking from the land of creative, media and advertising I can assure you it's absolutely not... We love stuff like this, you can be really innovative. That Tiger Woods spot you posted is one of half a dozen directions you could go in...

My best money would be on a "Past... Present... Future" style campaign. Showcasing all the different kits, stadiums and scope of the title. It's actually got a lot more room to breath than a simple "licence-based" advertising campaign like RLL2.

Cricket also lends itself toward the dramatic, epic feel. Think "super-slow-mo" style replays you see on Television, the graceful shots, slow motion ball delivery etc... then hard cut into the action, suspense and tension of 20/20 style cricket crowds, etc... possibilities are endless.

After seeing the title of the game, we all can get the feeling that like the past games of cricket even this game's strength is batting .Well i hope not so! Lets wait and see.I would have preferred a modern allrounder cricketer in the cover though!

After seeing the title of the game, we all can get the feeling that like the past games of cricket even this game's strength is batting .Well i hope not so! Lets wait and see.I would have preferred a modern allrounder cricketer in the cover though!

My wife tells me she would much prefer an allrounder under the cover.........

Users who are viewing this thread