Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Let ross enjoy the footy for once I say, well if he wants to reveal when the playsessions are happening then im ok with it.:D

Major Cricket Academy update coming soon :spy Should we buy a controller before its out?

Sorry, someone had to ask that again.:p

1004699_10200583922421892_1627279945_n.jpg

October 7th, 2013?? :spy

Who uses XP these days o.O

Any word on what's coming tomorrow?

Without wishing to be annoying;)...I dont think there is anything planned. Ross might still surprise us with something but I wouldn't count-on it. There is a big update to the academy coming. What that precisely entails and when it is coming we know not...

I think they're going to allow us to edit attributes soon.

Either that or perhaps the game will ship with players that play like the real thing but have wrong names and faces, which we can replace via cricket academy. That is one possible explanation for the delay on adding attributes.

Another is that they are still tweaking the game and what the attributes mean exactly and how they are balanced.

I think they're going to allow us to edit attributes soon.

Either that or perhaps the game will ship with players that play like the real thing but have wrong names and faces, which we can replace via cricket academy. That is one possible explanation for the delay on adding attributes.

Another is that they are still tweaking the game and what the attributes mean exactly and how they are balanced.

Pretty late to be still editing the game? I thought someone said that they had already sent it off for submission to sony and microsoft?

Not so. I re-stated that the official release date advertised everywhere else was 21st June. Which it was at the time. Later, when a decision to delay it was taken, an official announcement was made public through the proper channels. That's how it works.

Rumours of delays are usually either A) Not true, or B) A sign that someone somewhere is breaking an agreement and leaking confidential information. Neither are cool from my point of view and I wouldn't like to use them.

To clear a few things up from my point of view.

I don't mind telling it how it is when Mike Fegan, or agents under his control, were extremely "disparaging" to Cricket Australia about myself and Big Ant Studios. Indeed a Cricket Australia representative told me that Trickstar had clearly lied to them about what was in our game. After that call I was, quite rightly, pissed off. If you want to take the high road now on the highest of all high horses then you'd want to be on very solid ground. I find the claim from Mike Fegan that he never disparaged anyone absolutely outrageous. There was an attempt to sabotage our game rather than battle with it in the market.

There is no doubt at all that Chief felt the brunt of my anger at the situation above, and to his great credit he maintained his dignity and played a very straight bat. I honestly believe that Chief played no part in the above mischief, and I am sorry that he was in the firing line.

I did not *know* that the Ashes game would be delayed. There was circumstantial evidence that it would be and there was the developers track record itself. I tried everything to get them to admit it but when Chief refuted my claim that the game was going to be late I actually believed him, apologised and seriously thought I'd be on Bourke Street bearing my backside! As MikeM would attest there was many a facepalm and many a joke at my expense in the office for weeks.

The only mistake, in my opinion, that Chief made on here was when he refuted the claim that the game would be late. However, Chief was being absolutely screwed by a developer making false promises which he had to be the face of, and ultimately when the delay was announced I think by omission Chief was thrown under the bus.

If I was fighting a war then the Chief is unquestionably someone that I would definitely want in the trenches with me, he was the ultimate professional and a gentleman throughout his time with 505. Unlike those of us left in the battle he actually deserves to be on the high road.

The only mistake, in my opinion, that Chief made on here was when he refuted the claim that the game would be late. However, Chief was being absolutely screwed by a developer making false promises which he had to be the face of, and ultimately when the delay was announced I think by omission Chief was thrown under the bus.

And that's exactly what I'm calling him out on. There were no "assumptions" or "conclusions" to be derived from his post(s) refuting the rumors/claims regarding delay of the game.

There's lot of things wrong with AC13, mainly being not honest, feeling obligated, lack of authority and blaming anyone and everyone. At one point heard they were blaming ECB and CA as well. Last but not the least blaming us for being forthright and too *demanding*

Whatever, back on topic. After IC2010 personally I had decided to give up on cricket games and not order any other. But DB14 is the last ray of hope and the conviction with which you guys have presented yourself since Oct 2012 when game was introduced here, has helped change my mind and give chances to others as well. I hope DB14 sets an example to follow

And that's exactly what I'm calling him out on. There were no "assumptions" or "conclusions" to be derived from his post(s) refuting the rumors/claims regarding delay of the game.

Chief, in my opinion, made one error in judgement.

The release date issue is nothing compared to the claims being made recently. I hope you can at least agree you were in a lot better hands when Chief was there than you are now.

Users who are viewing this thread