Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Considering Ross has refused to address the discussion that has taken over the last 5-10 pages of this thread (that will undoubtedly have been seen) I'm going to assume that what is happening is for a reason that is being kept quiet and that perhaps I should do the same thing. With that, I'm not going to engage further in the discussion on a direct basis (beyond the intended reply in this post).

What I will say is that I'm unsure as to what the motive is here, because there are a number of us who share the same concern about it, and it would have taken twenty seconds to post 'don't worry about it at all'. I haven't seen that, and as this is an audition of sorts for the developer of one game to reach me over another, it's regrettable that a legitimate concern I have over this game was (perhaps deliberately) ignored.

The game will come out when it is damn ready to come out. The level of self-entitlement and 'me me me' in this thread is incredible. Grow up children.
Despite the disrespectful and rude post (of which I recommend you check the banner at the bottom of the page before continuing with), you can have a response to that. I am feeling generous, we've got a public holiday here in the UK and I've got a bit of time before I need to be somewhere this morning.

True, perhaps there is some entitlement in there. Imagine this game is ?40 when it comes out. I work my backside off all day to improve the company I work for (and the people in it), and that money is thoroughly earned when it pings in to my bank account every month. Because of the effort I put in, I think twice about everything I buy so that the money I grafted for isn't wasted on a game that wasn't worth it. ?40 is even more expensive in this day and age, because perhaps in the grand scheme of things none of us should be spending that on games when professional redundancy looms for pretty much any one of us.

The way I see it, there's always a game that is going to be better than DBC as an alternative - there are better games for outright beating people up or shooting them (Battlefield, GTA5), there are better games for having a laugh in a group with friends/colleagues (fun titles such as Full House Poker), and there are better games for emotional investment in a story (The Last of Us, Spec Ops: The Line). DBC needs to fight for the right to be one of the games in my library, not limited to the financial implications I noted before, the competition it's going to have, and the loyalty it needs to forge with me (and many of us) so that people continue to play it and support Big Ant on an ongoing basis so it can reach the global upper tier of game developers. One of the catalysts of that is transparency.

Last edited:
If you were Ross, the whole game would have been blacked out :p

If I was ross I would have sent you guys footage so fuzzy and bad it makes the vine video look like the second coming.:p

----------

Considering Ross has refused to address the discussion that has taken over the last 5-10 pages of this thread (that will undoubtedly have been seen) I'm going to assume that what is happening is for a reason that is being kept quiet and that perhaps I should do the same thing. With that, I'm not going to engage further in the discussion on a direct basis.

What I will say is that I'm unsure as to what the motive is here, because there are a number of us who share the same concern about it, and it would have taken twenty seconds to post 'don't worry about it at all'. I haven't seen that, and as this is an audition of sorts for the developer of one game to reach me over another, it's regrettable that a legitimate concern I have over this game was (perhaps deliberately) ignored.

Despite the disrespectful and rude post (of which I recommend you check the banner at the bottom of the page before continuing with), you can have a response to that. I am feeling generous, we've got a public holiday here in the UK and I've got a bit of time before I need to be somewhere this morning.

True, perhaps there is some entitlement in there. Imagine this game is ?40 when it comes out. I work my backside off all day to improve the company I work for (and the people in it), and that money is thoroughly earned when it pings in to my bank account every month. Because of the effort I put in, I think twice about everything I buy so that the money I grafted for isn't wasted on a game that wasn't worth it. ?40 is even more expensive in this day and age, because perhaps in the grand scheme of things none of us should be spending that on games when professional redundancy looms for pretty much any one of us.

The way I see it, there's always a game that is going to be better than DBC as an alternative - there are better games for outright beating people up or shooting them (Battlefield, GTA5), there are better games for having a laugh in a group with friends/colleagues (fun titles such as Full House Poker), and there are better games for emotional investment in a story (The Last of Us, Spec Ops: The Line). DBC needs to fight for the right to be one of the games in my library, not limited to the financial implications I noted before, the competition it's going to have, and the loyalty it needs to forge with me (and many of us) so that people continue to play it and support Big Ant on an ongoing basis so it can reach the global upper tier of game developers. One of the catalysts of that is transparency.

Just drop it mate or you will just give yourself a headache, ross said the game is out this year and that's enough for most of us.

Considering Ross has refused to address the discussion that has taken over the last 5-10 pages of this thread (that will undoubtedly have been seen) I'm going to assume that what is happening is for a reason that is being kept quiet and that perhaps I should do the same thing. With that, I'm not going to engage further in the discussion on a direct basis.

I have not ignored it, you have ignored what I have said, indeed what I have said on numerous occasions. I couldn't be more transparent if I were made of glass!

PS: GTAV got delayed 6 months by the way.... not that I want to start this conversation again... surely enough is enough.

I'd rather make one slightly 'harsh' post than put up with the extremely repetitive speculation, which to this point, has gotten the forum literally nowhere in getting new answers from Ross or Big Ant. We get a release date when it is ready. It has been made clear that nothing is changing that. Some people just struggle to accept that.

Let's move on from playing the man rather the ball please. We're not stopping release speculation and questions but I don't want any more personal attacks by members on each other.

The crux of this is that if Ross wasn't so active on here he wouldn't be getting half as much stick as he is (see one Mr M Fegan). Damned if you do damned if you don't.

I have not ignored it, you have ignored what I have said, indeed what I have said numerous times. I couldn't be more transparent if I were made of glass!
I made a post sometime yesterday afternoon about the ongoing back-and-forth between yourselves and Trickstar. The gist of it is that the timeframe you mentioned was with a reliance on another game coming out that seems to be waiting for yours. That was the point of my entry in to this discussion, and that I don't know where I stand.

PS: GTAV got delayed 6 months by the way.... not that I want to start this conversation again... surely enough is enough.
Indeed it was. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to release it now, when it could have been a marquee game for the next-gen consoles in a couple of months' time. These ones aren't out often, makes sense to maximise what it can do in that time.

And yes, enough is enough. I'll just be breaking my own promise if I continue bouncing posts off you and the numerous cookie-cutter bridge trolls who are spoiling for a post-Ashes fight. I wish you the best of luck with your game.

The way I see it, there's always a game that is going to be better than DBC as an alternative - there are better games for outright beating people up or shooting them (Battlefield, GTA5), there are better games for having a laugh in a group with friends/colleagues (fun titles such as Full House Poker), and there are better games for emotional investment in a story (The Last of Us, Spec Ops: The Line).

There are lot of 'betters' amongst them maybe..Apparently There'll be no better games for cricket when DBC 14 comes out...

DBC needs to fight for the right to be one of the games in my library, not limited to the financial implications I noted before, the competition it's going to have, and the loyalty it needs to forge with me (and many of us) so that people continue to play it and support Big Ant on an ongoing basis so it can reach the global upper tier of game developers. One of the catalysts of that is transparency.

I feel for you there mate... But it's already killed its competition in cricket gaming before announcing the dates..
And transparency is something they've always shown for the last many months, however the present market strategies maybe...
Whatever problems it's gonna cause to few buyers is different, as it has already fought into the position beating a super 'official' opponent.. Many of us believe it's something worth the wait..

I made a post sometime yesterday afternoon about the ongoing back-and-forth between yourselves and Trickstar. The gist of it is that the timeframe you mentioned was with a reliance on another game coming out that seems to be waiting for yours. That was the point of my entry in to this discussion, and that I don't know where I stand.

Indeed it was. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to release it now, when it could have been a marquee game for the next-gen consoles in a couple of months' time. These ones aren't out often, makes sense to maximise what it can do in that time.

And yes, enough is enough. I'll just be breaking my own promise if I continue bouncing posts off you and the numerous cookie-cutter bridge trolls who are spoiling for a post-Ashes fight. I wish you the best of luck with your game.

Where do you stand ? now that's simple mate, you either buy the game when released or you don't. PS As for GTA 5, they could release the game anytime this year and still sell 20 million copies.

PS Now for the game, ross could you please show us a screenshot on Friday of a overcast and raining day. Thanks.

I would love to play some of you at poker because you just don't get it.

Big Ant have the poker face on waiting to see if 505/Trickstar meet their deadlines for a November release. If not they sneak in and hoover up the Ashes slot and considerably higher profits. If it looks like AC13 is on course for November, Big Ant/Tru Blu have a track record of being able to market and release in 3 weeks and should then be able to release before AC13 beating them to market and getting word of mouth out there before the bug ridden leaky pooper of a game hits the shelves.

Simple.

The gist of it is that the timeframe you mentioned was with a reliance on another game coming out that seems to be waiting for yours. That was the point of my entry in to this discussion, and that I don't know where I stand.

Ashes Cricket 14 is waiting for DBC14 to release??? Thats the first I have heard of that!:facepalm

I would love to play some of you at poker because you just don't get it.

Big Ant have the poker face on waiting to see if 505/Trickstar meet their deadlines for a November release. If not they sneak in and hoover up the Ashes slot and considerably higher profits. If it looks like AC13 is on course for November, Big Ant/Tru Blu have a track record of being able to market and release in 3 weeks and should then be able to release before AC13 beating them to market and getting word of mouth out there before the bug ridden leaky pooper of a game hits the shelves.

Simple.

Sounds right but in the end all I can do is support this game with 2 copies at release, I will leave the marketing for tru blue/bigant.

Ross, can you please comment on play-sessions at EB? Just a yes or no on whether it's happening in the next 2 weeks?

Big Ant have the poker face on waiting to see if 505/Trickstar meet their deadlines for a November release. .

Could be wrong but hasn't Ross stated for a while he knew AC13 wasn't going to be released during the Ashes series in England and even thinks November was going to be optimistic

assuming the above is correct, then why not release DBC14 during English Ashes or at least now. No competition whatsoever, Ashes fever etc etc.

One can only conclude that DBC14 isn't ready for release (bug testing, submissions, whatever?)

Oh Please. That is nearly as good as birds fly, chickens are birds, conclusion chickens fly.

Users who are viewing this thread