Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I mIndeed it was. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to release it now, when it could have been a marquee game for the next-gen consoles in a couple of months' time. These ones aren't out often, makes sense to maximise what it can do in that time.

I don't agree with this logic. It would only work as a marquee game if it were just for xbox one or ps4. Sony and Microsoft would rather use exclusives as ways of selling their console.

Since the game is coming to both consoles, it's better to have it on 360 and PS3 since the amount of those owners will be larger than xbox one and PS4 owners for a fair while. Remember it took ages for the PS3 owners to even match the PS2 owners.

Personally, I'd have liked if they actually developed it for the PS4 and xbox one to make full use of their power. Even if released on them now, it'll look a little prettier, run a bit smoother and maybe have a few more cars and pedestrians on screen, but it'll still just be a prettied up current gen game running on next gen.

As for Bradman 14, there are always going to be big releases. Sure, GTA V is a bit bigger than usual but I doubt and hope it wouldn't affect Bradman by more than a week.

Could be wrong but hasn't Ross stated for a while he knew AC13 wasn't going to be released during the Ashes series in England and even thinks November was going to be optimistic

assuming the above is correct, then why not release DBC14 during English Ashes or at least now. No competition whatsoever, Ashes fever etc etc.

One can only conclude that DBC14 isn't ready for release (bug testing, submissions, whatever?)

Especially seeing that Bradman was pretty much an icon of Australia v English cricket. But I'm no marketing guru.

I just hope Big Ant don't have opening bowlers opening the batting and opening bats opening the bowling. Like in rugby league live 2 were your front rower would end up on the wing :lol

Oh Please. That is nearly as good as birds fly, chickens are birds, conclusion chickens fly.

Wow, you're very quick to stick the knife in when it comes to trickstars problems with all your piss taking comments. But if someone makes an assumption about your game not being as perfect as you would make out, you're right on the offensive. Don't dish it out if you don't like getting it back.
I used to check here everyday, now it's every so often. I know almost 100% that everytime I check here there will be no release date announced. Everyone can deny it, but we all secretly want to shake you by the neck and scream "RELEASE THE GAME"!!
I love cricket and I love gaming, but seriously........interest starting to wonder here!

I don't quite get the logic behind this demand for the release date.

If they kept quiet until August but then released a flurry of information with a promise of a release in a couple of months then everyone would be content.

Instead, we have been kept in the loop for many more months, been given Cricket Academy to enjoy and prepare for the game and have provided useful input to the developers. The game will release when it's released and I know I'm happier to have been discussing it for longer.

Mr Duck, forget to take your happy pills this morning or woke up on the wrong side of the bed.PS I know you will say again that I don't say what I am thinking because I don't want to get yelled at but there is no need to be rude.

PS it's there game and yes I don't agree with some of the stuff Ross does or says but being rude does not help. Sure if I was CEO of bigant I would have released the game by now but I am not, still what has this forum become. So much fighting about crap, lets all focus on the games.

Wow, you're very quick to stick the knife in when it comes to trickstars problems with all your piss taking comments. But if someone makes an assumption about your game not being as perfect as you would make out, you're right on the offensive. Don't dish it out if you don't like getting it back.
I used to check here everyday, now it's every so often. I know almost 100% that everytime I check here there will be no release date announced. Everyone can deny it, but we all secretly want to shake you by the neck and scream "RELEASE THE GAME"!!
I love cricket and I love gaming, but seriously........interest starting to wonder here!

I give it and I take it, you can't refute that despite your comment in bold above, and I'm here every day, you can't refute that either.

If I see a stupid comment then mostly I let it slide, but sometimes I say something, particularly if it is a comment from people who seriously should know better.

Next iteration I will come on here one month before it is released - would that be cool? then you wouldn't be so bored.... :rolleyes

Thats blackmail :rolleyes

nope, not taking my bat & ball and going home... you don't get rid of me that easy :)

However, the haul has been too long for too many, I can't imagine the state of things if I'd come on here a year earlier.... It would be hard to deny that if I'd waited longer to appear here then people whom have no patience now would not be so bored...

You haven't really addressed the question which was is the reason you didn't try to release during the Ashes in England:
a) because you didn't want to compete directly with AC13
b) because you wouldn't have been ready in time
c) marketing reasons; you think you'll sell more units releasing for the Ashes in Australia
d) all of the above

You haven't really addressed the question which was is the reason you didn't try to release during the Ashes in England:
a) because you didn't want to compete directly with AC13
b) because you wouldn't have been ready in time
c) marketing reasons; you think you'll sell more units releasing for the Ashes in Australia
d) all of the above

a) I have posted previously that I would not like to go head to head with Ashes during the English Ashes. Tru Blu is the strongest distributor in Australia, we will kick ass on home turf here.

b) See a) above

c) Bingo

d) No. a) & c)

Sarcasm and irony are notoriously difficult to convey online... :spy

Yeah... well I was writing a reply because I thought that post was for me (before the quote was edited in... lol)

I'm here every day

.. and Everytime.. may i quote? It's been your fault really, You gave us so much and that's how we repay you..you should have kept us in darkness like the other title and showed up after long frustrations so that everyone would have died on hopes and wouldn't complain so much as of like now.
:thumbs If you don't sleep now Ross,.. Can't imagine you to sleep when real marketing steps begin.. And it still takes pages of discussion to understand that all is underway?.. We are close to something at least..
After all these days, can't believe few people really thinks it's you who is under-delivering...
The only thing positive I find about these continuous loops of the same questions is that how much people really care for this game.. To all of them i say, calm down if you really love what they've done till now, if you've waited this far, don't leave the sides yet, leave all the complaining to the haters...

Users who are viewing this thread