Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

A decent, revolutionary cricket game
Zapper_One_Wicked_Cricket.jpg

Nothing confirmed on that yet. Most probably happening sometime in September then

My guess too.

I remember Ross saying around the time the publisher was announced for this game that they would be releasing a lot(or a little) less than they originally planned in the next four weeks, after which Angad became upset...

Oops..yeah Ross I remember that and hopefully Angad does too.:p

I think it's been four weeks since then and so the play sessions should occur soon.. :cheers

Well, you can do as much advertising, promotional work, demonstrations, live video feeds and QnA, but that does not always work out.

Good example of this would be Sim City.

I guess the dificulty for cricket games fans has to be the long wait between the release of games. So some of the frustration can be understood, while others are just plain ridiculous.

On a side note, Ross, what you have created seems to be an excellent game, which will hopefully set the standards for other games to come. I can only wish you the best of luck with it.

PS. Shout out to MattW for getting my account to work again :)

Well, you can do as much advertising, promotional work, demonstrations, live video feeds and QnA, but that does not always work out.

Good example of this would be Sim City.

I guess the dificulty for cricket games fans has to be the long wait between the release of games. So some of the frustration can be understood, while others are just plain ridiculous.

On a side note, Ross, what you have created seems to be an excellent game, which will hopefully set the standards for other games to come. I can only wish you the best of luck with it.

PS. Shout out to MattW for getting my account to work again :)

Sim City knew they had a horrible game on their hands though so they tried to cover it up by releasing lots of information on the few bits of the game that were actually decent.

Time to pitch my game idea ;)

Sports Life

Taking off from the Jeff Wilson concept (see art below - credit to someone else) and the mini-game pre-test idea:

packshotjwc.jpg

rugby.jpg

I'd like to see Big Ant pushing the boundaries and creating a game that allows your player to have a career in cricket, rugby (both codes), AFL and extreme snorkelling.
You would have to manage your player to get the body you need to play as many sports as possible and focus your training on programmes that will help you in multiple sports. So bulking up for the rugby will make you slower to get down when fielding etc.
Just think of all the shared assets on stadia.

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Sports Life.

Nice to see many understanding the situation Ross is in regarding the release date...:thumbs:cheers

Plus we would be getting some screenshots as well so we have something to discuss upon over the course of this week...:cheers
And what's Video "TBD"

last post i will make because keep getting shot down by members now have a warning for arguing and i was in the wrong for my swearing so not complaining about that but would like to ask ross if he is thinking about doing a pc beta like r factor 2 where u pay the price of the game and can play test it for them dont know if this is viable or needed but thought might help bug test and people will also get to try/buy the game

There's a play session which satisfies your criteria of trying out the game.

And what's Video "TBD"

To Be Decided

would like to ask ross if he is thinking about doing a pc beta like r factor 2 where u pay the price of the game and can play test it for them dont know if this is viable or needed but thought might help bug test and people will also get to try/buy the game

I guess the total cost of producing a demo would be a lot more than those who pay to play test it. For sure Ross said that the demo's cost a lot.

I really hope that soon after the next gen consoles are out, we just get a few hours with any game via Gaikai/OnLive/etc. as a 'demo' - would take no real work, and I'm sure would result in more sales than not offering demos at all.

At least EA with the 24 hour returns on Origin are starting to go the right way - but we have the technology now to let me just play the full game for a bit before purchase - it should be the norm.

last post i will make because keep getting shot down by members now have a warning for arguing and i was in the wrong for my swearing so not complaining about that but would like to ask ross if he is thinking about doing a pc beta like r factor 2 where u pay the price of the game and can play test it for them dont know if this is viable or needed but thought might help bug test and people will also get to try/buy the game

I'm pretty sure i read that it would not be viable to produce a demo. Although, i agree with your idea about the pay to play, in terms of demo testing a product. I'm sure ARMA 2 is doing that via steam at present where you pay for an "alpha/beta" product and keep on playing/testing until the full game is released. Would be a neat idea.

Users who are viewing this thread