Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

yea that's what i mean like arma 3 r factor 2 prison architect all games on pc you pay full price and play it as a tester and when full games done you just download the rest of it

I thought we were promised before october? If theyre delaying based on AC i worry about the quality of this game

I thought we were promised before october? If theyre delaying based on AC i worry about the quality of this game

YEs true....we have seen how terrible the quality is in the videos and screens released so far :lol. As you can see on this forum.....people hate this game :p

Come on dude...they are delaying it to ensure they can generate the best returns on their investment. If they earn good money, only then would they have the incentive to build this franchise into something huge!!!!

Yeah who would like a game where the gameplay is the king, has a loads and loads of features, Ross and Mikey communicating so well with all of us and giving details and stuffs of the game......I guess you are right...:p;)

Yeah who would like a game where the gameplay is the king, has a loads and loads of features, Ross and Mikey communicating so well with all of us and giving details and stuffs of the game......I guess you are right...:p;)

AC were happy to promise everything and post on here for ages. Surely the post ashes high going into the next ashes is the perfect time with no other rival about...

The more this has been delayed the more ive worried. What is so hard about announcing a date? Do they just thinkAC will release on the same day?

I guess people are frustrated because there has been nothing since the last 10 days. But still everyone should learn to wait. We are getting screenshots this week and hopefully a video :cheers

AC were happy to promise everything and post on here for ages. Surely the post ashes high going into the next ashes is the perfect time with no other rival about...

The more this has been delayed the more ive worried. What is so hard about announcing a date? Do they just thinkAC will release on the same day?

This is a game which will surely be the base for cricket games to come in the future...We know that as we have been following the game since the date it was announced.....But some sort of competition would make the task of selling games even more interesting as AC13 has again and again delayed the game and Mike Fegan has been giving false info on the game ...So such a window of opportunity should not be missed by a game which holds the name of the Cricket's greatest player Sir Don Bradman to get the deserving result in aspect of sales, profit and likeness by the gamers....:cheers:thumbs

I really hope that soon after the next gen consoles are out, we just get a few hours with any game via Gaikai/OnLive/etc. as a 'demo' - would take no real work, and I'm sure would result in more sales than not offering demos at all.

At least EA with the 24 hour returns on Origin are starting to go the right way - but we have the technology now to let me just play the full game for a bit before purchase - it should be the norm.

You'd think so wouldn't you... But there have actually been studies that suggest the opposite: Games without demos sell better on Xbox 360 • News • Xbox 360 • Eurogamer.net

I totally agree with you I started to find it odd as soon as the licensor thing was being delayed. Also Ross said a while ago they have a date now he is saying they don't have a date.

I maybe wrong but isn't it illogical to release after the AC13 game or around the same time as that will sell to even people who aren't that interested in cricket! Also remember ross saying if they knew of Trickstars delays a year or so ago that we would have had a cricket game in our hands by now (this was back in june/july) so why don't we have a cricket game in our hands as he's known of their delays for a while now?

You'd think so wouldn't you... But there have actually been studies that suggest the opposite: Games without demos sell better on Xbox 360 • News • Xbox 360 • Eurogamer.net
Sales in that case are only one datapoint, you'd need to know what the return/tradein rates are for games without demos are by comparison. If you buy the game and then take it back because it's nothing like the trailer, it's the same as not buying it after playing a demo.

It's not a comment on DB14/AC13 now, but hopefully by their next major release we're not complaining about lack of demos, it just becomes the norm that you could just press a button in your console's online store to have a trial streamed to you.

The obvious revenue model would be to let people rent an extended demo, provided you're not making a game with a two hour story mode.

LOL 3rd day in a row this has happened :spy

> Open Chrome
> Log into PC
> Open DBC QnA thread
> notice there are 15+ pages to read
> start reading every post
> finish reading 15+ pages about 'when is the game releasing'
> curse self for falling in the trap again

:facepalm

This thread is amazing.

EDIT:

The obvious revenue model would be to let people rent an extended demo, provided you're not making a game with a two hour story mode.

It's the "Angry Birds" model that does so well for app purchases. Give em a demo app, get em hooked with a couple of levels then pony up the 2.99 or fling no more wings at piggies. As long as the demo is decent enough and has a good hook to keep you interested, sales will follow. It's the half-asses demos that don't do anyone any favors. I purchased 'The Force Unleashed' ages ago due to the absolute kick-ass demo LucasArts released. HAD to play more...

Last edited:
LOL 3rd day in a row this has happened :spy

> Open Chrome
> Log into PC
> Open DBC QnA thread
> notice there are 15+ pages to read
> start reading every post
> finish reading 15+ pages about 'when is the game releasing'
> curse self for falling in the trap again

:facepalm

Hahahaha...same here. Specially on saturday morning i had to read 15 pages literally that had no info about anything. Not falling for it again. :noway

Users who are viewing this thread