Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

All the marketing mumbo jumbo aside, its pretty simple "Good product Sells"

In the end, the buyer is a normal human being like you and me. Before spending ones hard earned money he/she will check the preview, check the trailer, play the demo if available, check the review, ask friends or colleagues which games are good.

There are some who get bored, ask the store sales person what to pick, look at flashy box art, spend money to kill time

One of the best marketing weapons in todays time is "Word of mouth". If the product is good, there are positive vibes and the game does good.

Some really good games sell relatively poorly. Prince of Persia Sand of Time - awesome game - not awesome sales. Unfortunately with games it is not a case of "build it and they will come".

I would go back to my line about McDonalds.
Do McDonald's make the best burgers in the world or the best marketed burgers?

Some really good games sell relatively poorly. Prince of Persia Sand of Time - awesome game - not awesome sales. Unfortunately with games it is not a case of "build it and they will come".

I would go back to my line about McDonalds.

Not trying to argue here as I am relative nobody, with lot of passion for cricket games in general but Prince of Persia did make 6M in North America alone and made almost double the revenue that its successor POP: Warrior Within quite rightly and McDonalds does have a legacy and possibly sell really cheap burger's compared to their competitors in Canada

It didn't do anywhere near 6 Million units, I am assuming the data you have is from vgchartz (or the like) who are often out by margins of 1000%

Edit: Sorry, just checked VGChartz and they have Global 2.22m for all of PlayStation 2, Xbox, Game Boy Advance, GameCube, Microsoft Windows - must be another source for the 6M units?

I know people that worked on it, I cant divulge the exact number but it's low relative to the costs. Enough so that they moved the game from development in Canada back to France for the sequel.

Edit 2: Sorry, I should say, far from a "nobody" - I certainly enjoy your input on here :)

Last edited:
Can we expect something special today? It's DB's birthday :cheers

Ross already informed us that they will release something later this week but not on DB's birthday

Can anyone confirm that DB cricket 14 is coming before october? Plzz

Hi Ross sir,Eb play session not happening this month is really bit dissapointment in respect to your confidence level.

Can anyone confirm that DB cricket 14 is coming before october? Plzz

No one knows the release date.

The only thing Big Ant/Ross have guaranteed is it will be released in 2013. Anyone who says anything otherwise is making things up.

And remember, we are almost in the last quarter of 2013. Put it into perspective everyone, there really isn't that long to wait!

But the ps3 artical says that its coming before october and that artical was BA's first artical ! :(

As Ross has said, the game will be released when they feel its best for the company.

Even if its after October, there really isn't that long to wait. It's been a few years since ic 2010, the last cricket game...I'm sure we can wait a little while longer.

Hi Ross...The greatest cricketer to ever play the game Sir Don Bradman was born on this day in 1908, any special event today ;)
Thanks

DBC14 a Game Changer or almost a Life changer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread