Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Ross has shared with us so much about his game that now only release date is the next big thing.

Ross was a confident man few months back with release date fixed but now situation asks him to be different in approach but that doesn't change the fact that this might be the best cricket simulation.

There's not been enough talk of release dates recently, lets really get to the bottom of this hugely interesting complex topic...

It's the "Angry Birds" model that does so well for app purchases. Give em a demo app, get em hooked with a couple of levels then pony up the 2.99 or fling no more wings at piggies. As long as the demo is decent enough and has a good hook to keep you interested, sales will follow. It's the half-asses demos that don't do anyone any favors. I purchased 'The Force Unleashed' ages ago due to the absolute kick-ass demo LucasArts released. HAD to play more...

Although there are *some* great success stories, this isn't true for most games. Converting that sale is still incredibly difficult when you're giving stuff away for free, and even more so when trying to convert free to ?40, rather than ?1 or ?2...
Yes you read a lot of really positive things, but generally speaking these are outliers: download numbers compared with sales numbers are terrifying in most cases.

I think Matt's right about a timed trial being the best way - gives you a test-drive... But I saw a speech at one of the conferences showing estimates of just how many people just surf all the trial versions and then move on to something else. People have really short attention spans. :-)

LOL 3rd day in a row this has happened :spy

> Open Chrome
> Log into PC
> Open DBC QnA thread
> notice there are 15+ pages to read
> start reading every post
> finish reading 15+ pages about 'when is the game releasing'
> curse self for falling in the trap again

:facepalm

Same, but I tend to just read Ross & Mike's posts.

Since Tuesday would be the dons 105th birthday maybe bigant will announce the games release in 105 days time!!!!

To Be Decided

I guess the total cost of producing a demo would be a lot more than those who pay to play test it. For sure Ross said that the demo's cost a lot.

You currently pay for people to download demo's on the store, it's not free for the publisher and does not lead to higher sales.

Same, but I tend to just read Ross & Mike's posts.

Yeah sometimes I do the same or just some members on here, I hope soon we can get over these annoying questions about ........ dates as like others(Biggs) have pointed out they give most of us a headache. The game is out this year, enough for me and should be for everyone else.:clap

Ross, any update on the play session? Or still haven't heard from EB about a good date?

Question...will the comet show when AI is against AI ?

No would be my guess.

----------

There's not been enough talk of release dates recently, lets really get to the bottom of this hugely interesting complex topic...

You should have been online yesterday day Biggs, this complex topic was making me sleepy. :eek:

Although there are *some* great success stories, this isn't true for most games. Converting that sale is still incredibly difficult when you're giving stuff away for free, and even more so when trying to convert free to ?40, rather than ?1 or ?2...
Yes you read a lot of really positive things, but generally speaking these are outliers: download numbers compared with sales numbers are terrifying in most cases.

I think Matt's right about a timed trial being the best way - gives you a test-drive... But I saw a speech at one of the conferences showing estimates of just how many people just surf all the trial versions and then move on to something else. People have really short attention spans. :-)

Having had both Jetpack Joyride and Fruit Ninja on console I can say that it's incredibly complex and hard to predict even on a platform basis. Users on different platforms have starkly different behavioural patterns with regard to in-app purchases and revenue per user, and it is again different based on region. We had Jetpack free globally but moved to paid for Europe after a few months as the in-app revenue just did not match other regions. Console users believe generally they own the product and don't expect to pay again once they have it in their possession, they are adverse to in-app purchases (we are trying to re-educate them :yes).

EB have a tight schedule, still working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread