Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

No, there won't be an option like that because it's a be-a-pro mode, not be-a-team mode, which is called "arcade" mode or whatever...

In fifa it's also called be a pro mode. but they do have full team playing. whatever, i am also happy with it. bt it would be better if we would have options to switch between these two modes. thank for the reply

You won't have that option. Suggest reading the relevant thread as your question has been comprehensively covered months ago...

This isn't FIFA and comparisons to it are irrelevant.

In fifa it's also called be a pro mode. but they do have full team playing. whatever, i am also happy with it. bt it would be better if we would have options to switch between these two modes. thank for the reply

having the option to play as a whole team would be completely counter to the aim of the career mode. the idea is to to make your player good enough to be selected at the next level. so the whole point is that when your player is batting/bowling (and even fielding) it really matters. the stats you build with him are essential.

if you control the whole team, what you have is a tracked season, which is not the same thing at all.

having the option to play as a whole team would be completely counter to the aim of the career mode. the idea is to to make your player good enough to be selected at the next level. so the whole point is that when your player is batting/bowling (and even fielding) it really matters. the stats you build with him are essential.

if you control the whole team, what you have is a tracked season, which is not the same thing at all.

agreed .but the team mode(playing a season, tournaments,just making it strong like a great team)would also be fun.lets keep that for the next iteration.and it doesn't require much changes,since the regular game is a team mode.just some custom tours and most importantly a season and team ratings.not tough.

i think you can do that by creating a custom tournament in CA. i haven't checked it out fully (been making players, poorly) but you can do multiple formats etc.

what i guess you can't do is multiple seasons.

but that's not career mode anyway - if you're managing the team etc (swapping out trades, selecting lineup etc.) you're not playing and it's basically cricket coach and this game already exists. i assume that's why they droppped the management mode.

if you're a player, you're one player. as much as i am sure he wishes he could, michael clarke can't go out and bat for every aussie.

the feature you're asking for makes no sense in any possible "career" mode. for single seasons they might have some options in game (not revealed) or you can create that in CA. what the DBC Career mode is absolutely unique, and pretty mindblowing. if you make a duck or bowl 0/100 you can't think "oh well i got 10 other players in this team", you're sweating on your place in the side.

Bro, I don't think I fully understood you.
I played FIFA 13 and PES 13 too,
The be-a-pro mode in them also only allows you to control only your player while others play their match as a team.
In DBC 14, it's the same case. you play your role while everyone carries out the game. ^^ they have a full team playing? offcourse, cricket is a team game and here the full team plays too.

what the DBC Career mode is absolutely unique, and pretty mindblowing. if you make a duck or bowl 0/100 you can't think "oh well i got 10 other players in this team", you're sweating on your place in the side.

This is the main feeling you get when playing as a batsman in this mode, you certainly value your wicket and it is really annoying when you when you lose your wicket cheaply as you straight away worry about the effect on your career and selection in the side.

Ross, in career mode, how will we be evaluated? I mean what if we keep scoring 30-40 runs each game, wasting good amount of balls, and our team loses everytime. And will we get feedback on what the coach, captain thinks about us, or wants from us?

Im still stuck between f1 2013, db cricket 14 and battlefield 4. tough decisions

Hardly. There are many good shooters out there, many of which you've likely already played. Battlefield 4 will hardly be anything revolutionary.

F1 2013 will be great but the previous games were too. This is just a slight improvement.

Bradman 14 is shaping to be, however, the first good cricket game in a long long time.

Hardly. There are many good shooters out there, many of which you've likely already played. Battlefield 4 will hardly be anything revolutionary.

F1 2013 will be great but the previous games were too. This is just a slight improvement.

Bradman 14 is shaping to be, however, the first good cricket game in a long long time.

but with f1 2013 and bf4, I know they will be good, dbc14 is looking good, but until it comes out you can never be a 100% sure. It all comes down to whether i want to take the risk or not really

This is the main feeling you get when playing as a batsman in this mode, you certainly value your wicket and it is really annoying when you when you lose your wicket cheaply as you straight away worry about the effect on your career and selection in the side.

Which brings the mental aspect of cricket into play like no other game has even come 1% close to. The pressure that you feel to perform, the frustration that you feel when things dont go your way, the depression (and maybe resolve) that you feel when you lose your place in the side!

but with f1 2013 and bf4, I know they will be good, dbc14 is looking good, but until it comes out you can never be a 100% sure. It all comes down to whether i want to take the risk or not really

It's hard to compare across genres. As a video game overall it probably won't be as good as F12013 or BF 4 because F12013 is the third or fourth iteration and there have been a squillion battlefield games in the past. They have both also been made by companies with a lot of money.

It then comes down a bit to what you like in general. The NBA 2k games are better video games than AFL Live but I played much more of the latter because I love AFL and have barely a passing interest in basketball. If you love formula 1 and shooting people then go for those other games, but otherwise I'd go for cricket.

that's the thing i am looking forward to the most. how much it will actually matter, rather than "ho hum, got another 9 wickets, who cares"

----------

Which brings the mental aspect of cricket into play like no other game has even come 1% close to. The pressure that you feel to perform, the frustration that you feel when things dont go your way, the depression (and maybe resolve) that you feel when you lose your place in the side!

spot on! as i said - mindblowing.

a thank and a quote... hey ross now "all" is forgiven will i get my harlequin pattern cap so i can make jardine? ;)

Last edited:
Please add Move compatibility in the next game, if possible in this game [I know its not possible] but would love to play in that Pro mode cam....:D:yes:thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread